can sum 1 tell me where 2 go 2 download this 4.5 ive been hearing about 4 the last month............................................
    PLeaseeeeeeee
    07-22-08 04:31 PM
    No. . . . . . . . .
    07-22-08 05:43 PM
    there a link on the beta forum that will let you download the orange UK version 4.5
    07-22-08 06:22 PM
    You probably forget to check the backup option. Many people keep missing that option probably because they're trying to skip through things too fast. The backup option will backup all messages, notes, phone log, apps and anything user saved.
    I have a feeling that's not what he's talking about.... I noticed, at least with mine, that with .51 everytime my phone rebooted, i had to update my contacts of my new pin (W T F) on the same phone i have been using... If i hit yes to update my friends, on my friends end it said i was unavailable, which i wasn't unavailable, and they couldn't send me any messeges until i had to re-add them... If I hit no, or backed out of the message to update contacts screen, it deleted my contacts... It was a headache, so i un-installed .51 because of that reason... too bad i was liking 4.5 too! oh well i guess i'll just wait to try another beta or just wait for an official release...
    07-22-08 07:08 PM
    I have a feeling that's not what he's talking about.... I noticed, at least with mine, that with .51 everytime my phone rebooted, i had to update my contacts of my new pin (W T F) on the same phone i have been using... If i hit yes to update my friends, on my friends end it said i was unavailable, which i wasn't unavailable, and they couldn't send me any messeges until i had to re-add them... If I hit no, or backed out of the message to update contacts screen, it deleted my contacts... It was a headache, so i un-installed .51 because of that reason... too bad i was liking 4.5 too! oh well i guess i'll just wait to try another beta or just wait for an official release...
    Ahh, sorry, my mistake. That's a weird bug. I don't have that problem. BlackBerry Messenger seems to work perfectly fine for me. Did you try to wipe and reinstall again?
    07-22-08 09:27 PM
    Hey sir, you CAN NOT post links to beta releases on this forum. Please READ the RULES.
    Seems to me he posted a link to Berryreview.com, and that's not against the rules. Lucky for you too, because otherwise you would have broke the same rule when you reposted it!
    07-22-08 09:36 PM
    Ok I have 4.5
    But I am new to the BB word coming from AT&T Pocket PC's to VZW BB 8830.
    Is there anything special in installing a NON Verizon update ???

As for finding the update, Just read
    07-22-08 09:38 PM
    Yeah, I am using the Zen 9000 Precision theme w/4.5.0.51 v74 on an Alltel 8830, and it does what you describe. It "seems" to be reverting back to the BB Zen banner format when it goes to the application screen. My main screen looks just right like it always did in 4..2.2.123 for me.
    I had this same problem with my theme of reverting to the stock banner on the applications page. I solved the problem by opening my theme in Theme Builder 4.5 and saving it as a 4.5 version. Now the theme acts just like it did before I upgraded the OS to 4.5.
    07-23-08 12:30 PM
    nice to hear that....

Never messed with theme Builder at all, but maybe it's time. I like this theme a lot and dislike this issue, a lot...

Thank you!
    07-23-08 12:35 PM
    Ahh, sorry, my mistake. That's a weird bug. I don't have that problem. BlackBerry Messenger seems to work perfectly fine for me. Did you try to wipe and reinstall again?
    Sorry if it was taken out of context. Didn't mean to sound like I was saying you are wrong! I just know that was the issue with mine...

I did not wipe and reinstall... I might try that when I get home but I have read of a very few people having the same issue as me... Other than that I was happy with 4.5 and I didn't notice many bugs using the bb as I normally would.. I don't use the media player, so I didn't run into those issues....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-08 12:39 PM
    I had this same problem with my theme of reverting to the stock banner on the applications page. I solved the problem by opening my theme in Theme Builder 4.5 and saving it as a 4.5 version. Now the theme acts just like it did before I upgraded the OS to 4.5.
    Welll.... Sorry to ask in this thread. But, before I spend all day figuring this out, maybe a voice of experience will tell me it's simple.

Since theme builder doesn't recognize the COD/alx file and obviously wants THM, how do I open a previously exported theme? I'll be looking, but I'l figure I'm just missing something.

Thank you.
    Last edited by jdwx; 07-23-08 at 03:50 PM.
    07-23-08 03:44 PM
    Sigh... My search-fu has yielded that I need source files... And I'll suppose source files for Precision Zen 9000 are gonna be non-existant, haha...

Bummer...
    07-23-08 03:58 PM
87 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD