Does anyone have any idea how to make the 8830 poll my email more frequently. it seems to take 10 to 15 minutes to bring my work emails to my phone. I cant stand it.

Thanks
    09-19-07 09:42 AM
    Sounds odd. The email should arrive instantly. Maybe something wrong with your servers. You could try resending your service books too. I know my email sometimes shows on my BB before I even see it on my PC.
    09-19-07 09:45 AM
    In reality, any other provider other then Yahoo and Gmail all have 15 minute poll times..so 15 mins while it may not seem normal, is the plain fact of it..now I know you made no reference to what email accounts you are using but maybe you fall under this catagory...refer to KB12373 in the RIM knowledge base...as it states..

Research In Motion currently has agreements with Yahoo!� Mail and Gmail� that allow for real-time delivery of email messages from these providers to BlackBerry Internet Service subscribers. This real-time delivery includes any other email accounts that are hosted by either of the respective companies.

All other email accounts not hosted by these companies will continue be subject to the regular 15 minute polling interval.

Now if your using a BES the poll times can be adjusted by your BES admin as well.
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 09-19-07 at 09:56 AM.
    09-19-07 09:53 AM
    Yes, Yahoo and Gmail are the only "instant" accounts. Other then that, they will be polled every 15 minutes or so.
    09-19-07 05:35 PM
    On verizon i thought that the @vzw.blackberry.com was instant as well, if it isn't it is only a minute or so.
    09-20-07 06:34 PM
    Yes. all the @carrier.blackberry.net/com accounts are instant (or nearly instant.)
    09-21-07 12:36 AM
    I have Yahoo! Singapore address and my does email every 15 min...
    09-21-07 02:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD