Hi,

If I go to Email Reconciliation in message options, it is totally blank. No longer any options (they used to be in there) to 'delete on mailbox & handheld, wireless reconcile and conflicts ect').

Anybody else experience this or know why my options are missing?

I have no way now to control the above.

Any help appreciated.

Many Thanks

Simon
    04-28-07 09:07 PM
    I take it you still have an email account on your BlackBerry? If yes, try a battery pull, and let us know the outcome...
    04-28-07 09:13 PM
    Yes I have an email account and yes I tried a battery pull - no change. Thanks
    04-28-07 10:05 PM
    Are you on BIS or BES?
    04-28-07 10:38 PM
    BIS - thanks -Simon
    04-28-07 10:42 PM
    Have you found a solution to this yet? I upgrade to an 8800 a month ago and am having the same problems.
    05-01-07 10:33 AM
    No, I still have no email reconcillation settings on my 8800, nothing so far has brought them back and none of the experts seem to know the answer. I reckon the only way is to reinstall the OS but where would one find a download of the current 8800 OS?
    05-01-07 11:18 AM
    megalaser - I say remove your email account. Once removed, make sure its not showing on the device, or in messages services, or in service books.

Do a battery pull, once you get back into the device, verify if when you go to Messages / Options / do you see email reconciliation?

Now re-add your account...
    05-01-07 12:36 PM
    MegaLaser:

You have not been clear - where is the reconcile option missing? From Message Options/Email Reconciliation on the BB8800 Device? Or from your BB Desktop Mgr? I have been told that without a BES, you can't do desktop reconciliation, so the option is greyed out. Can anyone else confirm is this is true or not wrt reconciling against your desktop on a BIS account?

--Andrew
    05-02-07 05:12 PM
    Yes i have been clear, the reconcile options are missing from the 8800 device in options.email reconciliation (nothing in there).

I have not mentioned attempting to reconcile on desktop software or using BES.

I only use BIS and the handheld.

Thanks
    05-02-07 05:18 PM
    Am sure a BIS only user will be along shortly to answer this question...

I can't remember off the top of my head, I use BES & BIS!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-07 06:23 AM
    We have a BES at our office. I just had one of our Blackberry users come to me and say that he used to be able to click under e-mail options and manually click reconciliation as well.

Right now he is still getting all e-mail in as it arrives on Exchange/Outlook. It deletes when he deletes. All that is fine. But when he opens something on exchange, it doesn't in turn show as already being opened on the Blackberry, which led him to feel though it is sort of matching up, it isn't doing a full reconcile. He looked for the reconciliation option (which had used many times in the past) and it is no longer there. Nothing has changed on our server. So I agree...seems like something is amiss...anyone else solve the mystery?
    07-12-07 10:35 AM
    Hi,

If I go to Email Reconciliation in message options, it is totally blank. No longer any options (they used to be in there) to 'delete on mailbox & handheld, wireless reconcile and conflicts ect').

Anybody else experience this or know why my options are missing?

I have no way now to control the above.

Any help appreciated.

Many Thanks

Simon
    Simon did you sole the problem I have the same one pls help
    11-18-07 12:59 PM
    Having the sam eproblem as simon BIS user, pls help
    11-18-07 01:00 PM
    I had this issue and was able to fix, by deleting the email account and re-creating...

However, although the options are now listed, turning email reconciliation "OFF" does NOT seem to work- I still get emails even if I try temporarily de-activate...
    12-01-07 10:29 PM
    Hi guys, I fixed this problem by changing the theme to something else then back again (might want to try doing it a couple times) I suspect there was something funky going on with the UI in this menu.

hope this helps
    01-15-08 05:14 PM
    I'm having the exact same issue on my Pearl (BB Pearl #3 in the past 6 weeks). I've tried the theme-change and selected several with no results. I even did a power-down between just to be sure.

Any other ideas?

-jj
    01-31-08 12:53 PM
    We have a BES at our office. I just had one of our Blackberry users come to me and say that he used to be able to click under e-mail options and manually click reconciliation as well.

Right now he is still getting all e-mail in as it arrives on Exchange/Outlook. It deletes when he deletes. All that is fine. But when he opens something on exchange, it doesn't in turn show as already being opened on the Blackberry, which led him to feel though it is sort of matching up, it isn't doing a full reconcile. He looked for the reconciliation option (which had used many times in the past) and it is no longer there. Nothing has changed on our server. So I agree...seems like something is amiss...anyone else solve the mystery?

I had the exact same problem and when i tried a battery pull, I lost more options under mail options.
    Now the only option that i get when im in my mail file and click on options is "General Options"
    I am trying to resolve this issue on another users blackberry and they are on a 7510, any suggestions?

I am going to talk to him and tell him that well probably have to remove and reactivate the device on BES for the time being.

Thanks guys,
    08-01-08 09:59 AM
    I just reactivated BES without even removing the old BES connection and got all my options back on a 7510. Simple fix.

Hopefully my office is switching exclusively to 8830s soon =-)
    08-01-08 01:53 PM
    All -

I had this same issue as well, but it is working now.

Situation:
    User has a 8800
    We have a BES running 4.1.6 under Domino
    Reconcile Now was not there

Did the change the theme thing and that fixed it.

Just thought I'd post this in case anyone else hadn't tried it - it worked for me!

Charlie
    08-21-08 12:12 PM
    If you're having this problem on BIS - ie blank email reconciliation options screen - delete current email accounts (on phone or on web) and set them up again. Your reconcile options should reappear.
    06-06-09 02:23 PM
    Once deleting the email account and re-adding, the options appeared.

Thank you all for your help
    12-20-09 04:59 PM
    delete and re add your email accounts.
    04-05-10 06:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD