08-12-09 05:38 AM
30 12
tools
    hello everyone i'm new to this and i just got my 8700 i was curious i have noticed alot of people love this model blackberry even more than their curves why do people want to down grade and continue using their 8700???? i had different model phones before the jack, motorola, etc and i'm starting to love this old model blackberry, so my question to all of you is why do you love your so much????????????????????????????? what makes it different and what do you like about it???????????????

thanks.
    Gs550
    06-19-09 09:32 PM
    I've owned several phones over the years including the pearl 8100. I must say the 2 best thing I like about my 8700g so far is that its a tough phone and I got it pretty cheap on ebay. Honestly, I do plan on getting a new bb next April when I can qualify for a new upgrade, but I'll definitely keep this phone as a backup.
    06-19-09 11:38 PM
    I agree with the above post. I bought my practically new 8700C from ebay for just 40 dollars and its a tough little device. I've owned the curve, 8830, the storm, the iphone 3g and some cheap nokia. I really enjoy the toughness of the 8700C and n the trackwheel is classic. I'll probably get the curve 8900 in november but def keep this baby as a backup, its great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-09 01:07 PM
    CrackBerry forum is great for 8700c.
    I love my Device and this forum
    06-22-09 02:30 AM
    8700 Series - You cannot kill it. I tried to kill mine for years and finally gave up and got an 8830 only because I started having to travel out of the country for work. I have dropped it on concrete, asphalt, in a pool, nothing could stop the damned thing. Dried it out and it still worked like nothing ever happened to it. I still have it, in the original box, sitting on a shelf in my office to remind me how it all started.
    06-22-09 05:08 AM
    ...and the battery lasts longer than it does on any other BlackBerry that I have owned.
    06-22-09 10:38 AM
    Hi iam newbie to this forum my name Thomos
    06-22-09 05:15 PM
    its rugged, has a great form factor, the looks of it, the keyboard, it was my first berry it will be a shame when this thing reaches its end of life. i wish rim would make a berry with the same design but update with a camera and microsd slot
    06-26-09 02:13 AM
    I love the battery life and the ruggedness of the phone and it seems the keys are just the right size for my thumbs-- not too small.

06-28-09 04:21 AM
    I got mine off of EBay after hearing so much about them. Got it for $40 including S&H.

I have had it abt 6 months now, and truly love it. Very rugged, battery life is a whole lot better than any other phones I've had. There are a few little things I don't like, but I like a lot more and they make up for it.

Overall, I would recommend it. My baby brother even got one, and then found out I already had one... then he got one for his daughter. They both love their's as well.
    06-29-09 07:28 PM
    I was an avid palm user, but so many raved about BB that I figured I would try one out. I found my 8703e on ebay at a reasonable price. I read a lot of the reviews and it appears everyone loved. From day one I was in love...

I love the feel of the 8703e and the big screen. The e-mail is awesome as well. I'm still working on adding apps and ringtones, but so far it is great! This forum is awesome as well.
    07-15-09 09:08 AM
    Well hear out the world ?

8707v of mine pretty relaxing to the thumb, the trackwheel is just superb and as some of you already said it can never break no matter what the conditions of the weather or the conditions of your hands.

Having said that the trackball for the newer models are just too fragile .. it get dirts and it get spoils ...

Does RIM wants everyone to change the trackball everyone now and than ?
    07-16-09 11:46 AM
    Yes! I'm really love 8700 because Prison Break Michael Scofield!!!

07-20-09 09:06 PM
    isnt that Sara the ones that using it ?
    07-22-09 11:43 AM
    This phone is great i juss bought my cuzin one for his bday and its in perfect condition and its juss tough and great to have

Got if off ebay for $29.00 and free shipping

Juss great model
    07-28-09 01:28 PM
    hihi
    very simple. it's manly and useful
    07-29-09 07:03 AM
    I had an 8700 a few years back only crappy thing is it didnt have a camera. Other than that which wasnt a big deal at the time it was a GREAT phone I LOVED it. I lost it in a club dancing behind this sweet dame. Her gorgeous buns knocked it off my waist.
    07-29-09 07:53 AM
    hello everyone i'm new to this and i just got my 8700 i was curious i have noticed alot of people love this model blackberry even more than their curves why do people want to down grade and continue using their 8700???? i had different model phones before the jack, motorola, etc and i'm starting to love this old model blackberry, so my question to all of you is why do you love your so much?
    thanks.
    Gs550
    I have no idea other then I got it on my friends 21st birthday and I already know about the phone because I troubleshoot blackberrys and pdas all day!!

07-30-09 09:44 PM
    I bought an 8700 on TMO for my girlfriend and the trackwheel is "loose" I guess you could say... It overscrolls everything. It's obnoxious. Other than that, it's been having the white screen problem lately. Replacements are undeniably cheap on eBay, though.

I bought my mom an 8700g on VZ and I've toyed with it quite a few times. The trackwheel on that clicks smoothly. It's almost soothing. That ones in brand new condition.

Between the 2 of them, I spent $110 and had to spend a little more time with the IT block on 1. Otherwise, the "OMG A PINK BLACKBERRY" face on Christmas was pretty cool to see. They're just good phones. I still have my HTC Wizard in a drawer somewhere because it works. The dot under the battery has been pink for years because I washed it, and I swear it STILL works the same as ever.

Some phones are built like old Buicks. Can't let em go.
    07-31-09 01:01 AM
    i had this phone before i have a pearl now but i dont know what it is about this phone even though its huge and everything i kinda miss it
    07-31-09 01:42 AM
    The 87xx series is the last of the awesome BlackBerries. It just flat out WORKS! If you own a BlackBerry mainly for calls and emails then it's the best. I've own a 8130, 8830, 8330 and a 9530 and I've used the 8703e the most of all of them when they were my main personal phone. The trackball BlackBerries are not durable at all and I feel like I have to baby them instead of enjoy them. Only gripe I had with the 8703e was actually with Verizon because since it's camera-less they disable MMS support. I was looking at my 8703e yesterday but I can't reactivate it because it's missing a battery. Last year my house was broken into and they stole all my spare phones, the cops was able to recover the 8703e but the battery was missing. I actually thought about buying a new one for cheap.
    08-01-09 09:58 AM
    The 87xx series is the last of the awesome BlackBerries. It just flat out WORKS! If you own a BlackBerry mainly for calls and emails then it's the best. I've own a 8130, 8830, 8330 and a 9530 and I've used the 8703e the most of all of them when they were my main personal phone. The trackball BlackBerries are not durable at all and I feel like I have to baby them instead of enjoy them. Only gripe I had with the 8703e was actually with Verizon because since it's camera-less they disable MMS support. I was looking at my 8703e yesterday but I can't reactivate it because it's missing a battery. Last year my house was broken into and they stole all my spare phones, the cops was able to recover the 8703e but the battery was missing. I actually thought about buying a new one for cheap.
    Very well said dwp1975.
    I like the robust built and Tank Like toughness in hand.
    08-01-09 01:08 PM
    So I guess I'm a traitor bc now I own the curve 8900. But I assure you all my 8700 continues to live on in the hands of my mom. She loves that 8700C, its comical sometimes.

08-01-09 02:46 PM
    So I guess I'm a traitor bc now I own the curve 8900. But I assure you all my 8700 continues to live on in the hands of my mom. She loves that 8700C, its comical sometimes.

You're not a traitor at all, it's still a Blackberry. Now if it was a HTC or Treo, then you're a traitor...lol. I have a 8330 now, and have owned a 8130, 8830 and 9530 but nothing compares to the 87xx. We upgrade with the thought that RIM got better but they haven't...lol
    08-01-09 05:32 PM
    I've had my Bold since February this year an I love it for what it is. But my mate at work had a 8700c, once I saw it I had to get one. 40 off eBay and its in immaculate condition. Brilliant for work, as it means I don't mind the phone getting a few knocks whereas I keep my Bold safely in my bag, away from chipping it and all lol.

Only qualm I have is that you have to pay 15 a month JUST for the blackberry service.. I only have a normal pas as you go sim in it atm.
    08-03-09 06:22 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD