I'm having trouble with synchronizing my 8700r. I have an new laptop and have installed Desktop Manager version 4.5. It opens and lets me perform a backup to the computer but it will not synch with Outlook like it used to on my old laptop. The resonse I get is 'No Applications configered for Synchronization'. Also, I have a short cut for 'Blackberry Device Manager' but it will not open. By the way I'm runnig Vista as you may have guessed.
    03-26-09 09:22 AM
    Right click DM icon and run as admin. Then go to synchronization then under configure click synchronization again. Follow the prompts and set up configuration again. See if that gets you.
    03-26-09 09:46 AM
    Thank you very much for your quick response. Your recommendation worked and I have success. Finally. You wouldn't believe how long I worked on this.
    Just one question ... the next time I want to synch so I have to use the 'Run as Administrator' each time or what would you recommend?
    03-26-09 10:20 AM
    Glad it worked for you. I dont think you would have to run as admin each time, just to set it up. I dont run as admin every time I do it.
    03-26-09 10:25 AM
    I have another problem. The time on my phone changes from Eastern to Eniwetok. It appears to happen after I perform a synch or a backup.
    03-26-09 10:51 AM
    Hmm, the time zone is setup on your computer properly correct? Go to options/date time and see what the date/time source is set to. I use network.
    03-26-09 10:58 AM
    It was set to Blackberry so I changed it to network. Let's see if it holds there after I do another synch..
    03-26-09 12:45 PM
    That happens to me each time I do a backup. The computer's ok, it just affects the bb. I'm running 4.5 also . I'll probably install DM 4.6 this weekend and see how if the problem goes away.
    03-26-09 04:07 PM
    When Dm is open and in synchronization. Under configuration and sync....theres a check box that updates device time. Uncheck it.
    03-26-09 05:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD