Seriously like you would think that the president of the United States could afford to upgrade to a bold or something. That is freaking hiliarious.
    01-10-09 11:46 AM
    IMO blackberry works no matter what type.
    01-10-09 11:48 AM
    Maybe he doesnt like the trackball and doesnt use the camera.
    01-10-09 12:05 PM
    The 8800C is a workhorse and has great battery life. If you just want to talk and text, it is a great phone. Note that accessory manufacturers are still making new cases for them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-09 12:16 PM
    Hope he gets to keep it.
    01-10-09 12:41 PM
    What's his pin?
    01-10-09 12:43 PM
    Maybe he just likes it. Y'know, personal preference.
    01-10-09 12:43 PM
    Hope he gets to keep it.
    Imagine, 4 years without your blackberry�<GASP>
    01-10-09 12:44 PM
    What's his pin?
    yeah i was wondering that too
    01-10-09 02:17 PM
    To be fair, not every BlackBerry owner needs to be a hobbyist!!

Maybe he doesn't have time to think about it? Maybe he doesn't think of BlackBerry as being significantly different from any other phone - and why should he?

I managed to work as an IT consultant and retire without discovering blackberry even existed! I discovered mine by chance when my previous phone disappeared
    Last edited by flop; 01-10-09 at 05:45 PM.
    01-10-09 05:36 PM
    He's gonna be the prez. He'll be surrounded by human BB's.

01-10-09 06:10 PM
    To be fair, not every BlackBerry owner needs to be a hobbyist!!

Maybe he doesn't have time to think about it? Maybe he doesn't think of BlackBerry as being significantly different from any other phone - and why should he?

I managed to work as an IT consultant and retire without discovering blackberry even existed! I discovered mine by chance when my previous phone disappeared
    Actually he's said in numerous interviews that he loves his blackberry and doesn't want to give it up, so I'm pretty sure he would rather have it than just a plain cell phone.
    01-10-09 06:18 PM
    Who knows, he could have a crackberry username undercover!

01-10-09 06:43 PM
    he has one because some people are sooo amazed with blackberrys, that they cant spend enough time away from it to even consider a new one.
    01-11-09 09:10 AM
    I just sent him a text and this was his reply . . . "Because I like it"
    01-11-09 10:01 AM
    Actually he's said in numerous interviews that he loves his blackberry and doesn't want to give it up, so I'm pretty sure he would rather have it than just a plain cell phone.
    Well, he definitely said he likes his phone for email. I am reluctant to read from this that Obama has a specific allegiance to any one company.

I think its interesting that Presidents are not allowed email. They have to be spoon fed their information to make sure it says what the CIA has approved. Living in the white house must be a bit like living in darkest China, and this may explain why Obama has always seemed wiser than Bush
    Last edited by flop; 01-11-09 at 10:55 AM.
    01-11-09 10:50 AM
    For those that don't understand why they don't want a prez with that kind of access, the password is plausible deniability. They aides surrounding him get paid to be his human BBs, and all of them are anal retentive control freaks.

Imagine what would happen if someone were to post all of *your* private messages on the national stage.

01-11-09 11:27 AM
    Its a security issue and I believe he should give it up.
    01-11-09 12:49 PM
    It's not a security (in the sense of information being stolen) issue. The issue is because all Presidential emails can be subpoenaed (see the original thread on this). It all depends on if he is going to be saying anything he doesn't want the prying eyes of the media and the American public to know.
    01-11-09 04:16 PM
    Seriously like you would think that the president of the United States could afford to upgrade to a bold or something. That is freaking hiliarious.
    Same reason some folks haven't upgraded to the Bold... they don't consider it an upgrade.

And yes... folks are correct. it's not about POTUS not being able to have personal email; it's not a "security issue" per se. It's all about the possibility of subpoena.
    01-11-09 06:22 PM
    According to an article i read a few weeks ago, a few Verizon wireless employees were fired for finding his cell phone number and going through his account...
    01-11-09 06:24 PM
    According to an article i read a few weeks ago, a few Verizon wireless employees were fired for finding his cell phone number and going through his account...
    Well considering he uses an 8700c which is ATT, I don't see how verizon people could get fired?
    01-11-09 10:27 PM
    Here's the verizon article:
    Could be another phone that he had.

Verizon Workers Fired In Obama Phone Account Breach -- Verizon -- InformationWeek

01-11-09 11:33 PM
    Imagine, 4 years without your blackberry�<GASP>
    ... Or 8 years!!!!
    01-12-09 12:25 AM
    Because I love it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I've got enough things to fix right now.
    01-13-09 09:22 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD