Ok I took the plunge.
    I added OS 4.2 to my 8700c and works like a charm *whew*
    I have DM vs 4.3 on a vista (<---yea sorry about that )
    I'm trying to load mp3 ringtones via usb but I'm not finding the "media" folder.
    I checked out the ringtone 101 however the screen caps must be for XP because mine doesnt look like that.
    mine looks like this:

So since i have the newest OS for 8700 and newest DM, how do I get my mp3 (homemade) ringtones over to my device via usb?

I read that it CAN be done.
    Thx greatly appreciate your patience with us newbs
    04-09-08 01:42 PM
    You gotta get it with media manager:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...D22C81D7A66609
    04-09-08 02:11 PM
    You downloaded the wrong Desktop Manager. Go to https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...QxhW-0uEsxCQ** and choose the one that says "Desktop Software v4.3 b25 with Media Manager (Multilang)" or "Desktop Software v4.3 b25 with Media Manager (English)" and you should be good to go.
    04-09-08 02:15 PM
    sweet you guys rock!
    i gotta tell you a "cute" little story that happened along the way tho.

when i first loaded that "with media" version and had it installed all loaded, it did this crazy thing when i tried to open it, it flashed open for a sec and went away

i did a little research and realized that i choose "just me" as the user when i installed it...apparently people over at the bbforums tried it with "all users" during install and it made a difference, and it totally made a difference for me.
    I uninstalled, restarted, re downloaded and installed, choosing "all users" and now the program loads and media's there
    and best of all I've got my "new soul" ringtone!
    w00t!
    Just wanted to share that incase anyone gets that same flash off thing and they panic a little like i did ;p
    TYSM!!
    04-09-08 07:04 PM
    welcome to CB !
    04-09-08 07:09 PM
    oh by the way if you have an sd card you can just turn on mass media storage mode and drag and drop files onto your bb instead of using media manager roxio takes up alot of space on your comp
    04-09-08 07:10 PM
    do 8700's take media sd cards?
    04-09-08 09:09 PM
    i wonder if maybe the *newer* 87xx bbs have the mini sd that they were talking about?
    When did they start putting the mini sd slot in?
    ...my 8700c doesn't have a slot for a mini sd
    that would be so freakin great if it would tho!
    i'm pretty good with this bb for now--when the curves get a little cheaper, i'm definitely upgrading itd be so nice to have wifi and a camera.
    04-12-08 02:04 PM
    8703e does not take a sd card.
    04-16-08 01:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD