Hello,

I'd like to buy a new 8700c (or, if they really are not available, a 7290).

Does anyone know where to buy these? ATT no longer sells them from their website.

If the price was low enough, I'd probably buy a 2nd unit for backup.

Thanks
    Last edited by berankin99; 02-01-09 at 01:39 PM.
    02-01-09 01:37 PM
    Hmm. Did you try a Google search? This is an older model, and I'm not positive you will be able to go out and buy a new one. As a matter of fact, I'm not even positive that RIM is still manufacturing this model.
    02-01-09 02:07 PM
    02-01-09 02:41 PM
    Thanks for the tips.

I don't know how to tell all these various small "cell phone vendors" apart, and some look pretty shady.

Can anyone recommend a vendor based on personal experience?

Thanks,
    02-01-09 03:39 PM
    Hello,

I'd like to buy a new 8700c (or, if they really are not available, a 7290).

Does anyone know where to buy these? ATT no longer sells them from their website.

If the price was low enough, I'd probably buy a 2nd unit for backup.

Thanks
    Why buy new when they are almost always for sale on Craigslist? Most people I have seen sell them for $50-75. Post a WTB (want to buy) listing on Craigslist. Thats how I have bought my last 2 8310s. Just use good judgment of course.
    02-02-09 10:37 AM
    Honestly just look on Ebay, you can probably find sellers with old stock piles of brand new devices for great prices. Just make sure your comfortable with the seller before you make a purchase. Also remain patient and look carefully and you will be able to get a great price on the device of your choice.
    02-02-09 10:40 AM
    Great advice, thank you all.
    02-03-09 09:49 PM
    I just bought three of of them from an E-Bay dealer (I am good for a while) called Unlockedcellphonekings.
    I loaded OS 4.5 on them and they are truly the best Blackberry, in my opinion.

Scroll down the pages, they have different prices, some are on sale, I just paid $109.99 each, delivered.
    These are New not refurbs, they came in the ATT boxes, and with the plastic holster, which some do not come with.

With OS 4.5, this thing is as good, actually better than the 8820 I just dumped, I hate the dingleball (err Trackball) it is gratingly slow to access menus quickly.
    Good luck

P.S.I tried to post the URL for this dealer, but I do not have 10 posts yet.
    02-03-09 11:05 PM
    I admit you that I still have new tmobile 8700 in the box which never use nor play with it since 2007... I thinking about selling new one..
    02-04-09 03:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD