I previously used my BB at work with Windows XP. I am retiring and need to download all of my info from BB on my new laptop with Vista software. I installed the BB software and cannot open the software from the desktop or any other way. I then unistalled and installed again. Same story. I even tried the compatability option - no go.
    Any suggestions from anyone? Thanks
    05-22-07 03:44 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry.com!

Make sure you are using the newest version of Desktop Manger. It has VISTA support.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/bla...pack-2-a-1143/
    05-22-07 08:34 PM
    Kasper is correct. That's important.

I have been running Vista now since the original release and haven't had any compatibility issues at all. Did you reboot when you uninstalled and then reinstalled?

I hope this does the trick for you.
    05-22-07 08:49 PM
    I also have the sprint blackberry 8703 along with Vista. I downloaded 4.1 but how can you install the 4.2 service pak when it won't let you download the 4.2 version? I'd love to know how to get this working with sprint so I can use it as my modem. Does anybody have any instructions?
    05-25-07 12:22 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com!

You should be able to download DM v4.2 SP2 with no problems. Your device does not have to be running OS v4.2 for it to work. Give it a shot and let us know.
    05-25-07 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD