What is the most recent version of Desktop Manager that will support an 8700c? My device came with version 4.1.0.8, which did not come with the Roxio Media manager. I would like to upgrade to a version with the media manager. Blackberry's website has a version 4.6 and several flavors of 4.5. Before I download and install something that will not work, does anybody know which version is best with the 8700c?

Thanx,
    zeeefar
    08-21-08 01:02 PM
    Any who may know better correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure you can use any newer version of Desktop Manager and be fine... All the software is backward compatable to all the devices... How do you like your 8700? What would you say is your biggest complaint? I am looking into getting one soon since my Pearl became bricked and am just curious...
    Last edited by hyrothepyro; 08-22-08 at 04:29 PM. Reason: post needed more elaboration ;^)
    08-22-08 04:28 PM
    Any version will do!
    08-22-08 04:29 PM
    I inherited this unit from our pastor, after he got his first Iphone. It was mostly set up with software and themes preloaded. I have added a version of Word, Excel and PowerPoint (Efile) that I use a fair bit. I use it as cell phone and pda, and really like it a lot. I do not have the data connection with it, being the thrifty soul that I am, so I can't comment on that part of it.

Zeeefar
    08-22-08 10:12 PM
    Well, I downloaded version 4.5 of the Desktop Mangler, and installed it on my home computer, where it worked perfectly. I then downloaded and installed it on my work computer, where version 4.1 had been working fine, and it refused to load. It kept attempting to install something, and was not able to find a file called Blackberry8700c.msi. After several tries, I attempted to uninstall 4.5, then reinstall 4.1. The 4.1 install seemed to go fine, but when I try to open the DM, the window briefly flashes on the screen, then disappears. I cannot get it to run on my work computer, and I have tried rebooting and redoing the install several times.

Any suggestions?
    Zeeefar
    08-27-08 04:38 PM
    i am running dm 4.6 but i am also running os 4.5 on my 8700 definetly upgrade the os
    08-28-08 12:09 AM
    How will upgrading the device OS help with a problem loading the Desktop Manager?
    08-28-08 12:31 PM
    thanks for the information mates
    08-30-08 09:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD