I just purchased and 8700C off of ebay...trying to set up email and message displays "account exists for this pin". I typed PIN # in and was sent the password but cannot find the username to log in. Any way to wipe the slate clean and start fresh? Help...I'm new!
    05-01-08 09:36 PM
    You can call the carrier and explain to them that you bought it used, the PIN is still registered, could they please release the PIN from the old account. Use sugar with the rep, they don't have to do it for you.

Your seller should do it. You should leave them appropriate feedback.
    05-01-08 09:43 PM
    tried...they won't clear it for me...even with the sugar! When in service book/blackberry internet browsing service/ if I delete that will i be able to replace it and poss start over?
    05-01-08 09:50 PM
    I sometimes wonder if wouldn't be less pain to pay the cancellation penalty on my ATT account and start over with a new carrier. If I have a BB in hand from wherever (ebay etc) seems they would be happy to reset the PIN to get my business. I'll bet if you offered to extend/renew your account they would agree to reset the PIN. Let us knowhow it turns out.
    05-02-08 06:33 AM
    The previous user or the carrier can only clear the PIN from the previous account.

You need to get your $$ from the eBay seller and leave appropriate feedback.
    05-02-08 08:07 AM
    I'm still working with carrier to clear the PIN out...anyone know if I would have luck with a master reset? Is there such an option? Thanks
    05-03-08 09:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD