I'm getting ready to call RIMS and pay the 49 bucks on this -

I have an 8700g that is unlocked and I'm using it on the ATT/Cingular network. The phone was originally a T-Mobile that a friend gave me.

-I have re-registered the HRTs
    -I have had the service books resent.
    -I have offered burnt offerings to the Blackberry gods.
    -I have rebooted

Nothing. Prior to have the service book resent, I checked that entry and it was empty. It's full now so that worked, to some extent. While there is no browser icon in any of the themes, there is an entry for a browser in the list theme. It tells me " your device does not have any browser configuration service book entries." Since Google Talk works, confirming that there is a data connection, I even tried to install Opera and Minuet. The install routine told me that the files were corrupt and wouldn't install them. I find it hard to believe that both were corrupt, but whatever. It's almost like this thing is jealous of other browsers.

Please, if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions on how to get this thing to work, I'd be eternally grateful.

The software version is 4.1.0.346.

Thanks!
    07-28-07 06:24 PM
    Not sure, but try this thread. Yes it's a different carrier, but it might help...
    07-29-07 07:48 AM
    Hey Navilyn,
    I should have posted something when it all got figured out. The issue was with an IT policy that was still in place on the 8700. Apparently, it's a common occurrence on ahem "pre-owned" BBs.
    07-29-07 09:03 AM
    Yes, you're right, and I have a post about 'removing I.T Policies' for situations like this, here...
    07-29-07 09:19 AM
    I am using an 8700c (unlocked) with a T-mobile prepaid sim. I have also upgraded the handheld software to the newest version available. In your opinion, since I am only using prepaid cards for now, is it worth the OS change so I can have access to Tzones? Everything is working great now, and I don't want to turn it into a paper weight. I have a negative track record tweaking computers and such.
    07-31-07 10:36 PM
    It should work fine. But, like they say, "if it's not broken, why fix it?"
    08-01-07 06:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD