I have the Blackberry 8700v Pro with Vodaphone.
    Its doing the Hourglas of Doom thing (Constantly rebooting)
    I have probably spent over 100 hours in researching the problem with my Blackberry 8700v Pro and have found that none of the tips have worked.

I am always comming up with this error:

Unable to complete the loading operation.
    Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation.

Prior to this: "Reconnecting to JVM" (and behaving like the initial Hourglass of doom)

I have tried with various phone OS and all seam to end up with the same problem. I have followed all instructions perfectly and with no better results.
    Please Can anyone resolve this issue ?

I am sure many others out there that are having the same problem as i am.
    Regards...
    09-13-08 11:18 AM
    The only OS that is valid for your phone on Vodafone UK (you don;t say where you are). can be found at https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do

You need to select this product BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.2.1.149 (Multilanguage) and this filename 8700M_PBr4.2.1_rel149_PL2.3.0.77_A4.2.1.94_Vodafone _UK.exe.

No other OS is reccomended for your device on ths carrier in theis country. Certianly you must have the OS fo an 8700.

I would reccomend that you doenload JL_CMder from here JL_Cmder Javaloader Utility and install it on your PC.

Get the latest version of Desktop Manager that is reccomended for your phone (this may be DM 4.3 with no media manager)

Use JL_Cmder to Wipe the phone and then use DM to re-install the OS.

If this does not work, then there may very well be a hardware fault that requires specilaised treatment.
    09-13-08 11:32 AM
    Hi Pete, Thanks for your rapid reply.

I am based in UK, i have all ready tried the OS you listed and the English version.
    None of them seam to work, i have also tried other Versions for Vodafone.
    The JL_Cmder does not work either.
    Still twiddling my thumbs on this one.
    Thanks for trying though.
    09-13-08 02:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD