Hi I am changing from one 8700c to a new one..and would like to keep my ringtones...so I don't have to buy them again.... how do I transfer them? do they go with the sim card?
    07-30-08 08:40 PM
    I believe BB SIM cards will only store phone numbers.

If you have not done so already, download and install the Desktop Manager software on your PC.

Once it is installed, backup the device, so you have that.

You will want to use the "Switch Device Wizard" to transfer the data from your old device to the new device. Make sure to delete your call log before the transfer, it will make it go quicker.

Once the transfer is complete, do a backup of the new device.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites
    07-31-08 12:00 AM
    Hi I am changing from one 8700c to a new one..and would like to keep my ringtones...so I don't have to buy them again.... how do I transfer them? do they go with the sim card?

If you want to keep your ringtones - Make sure your desktop manager has Media Manager ( from Roxio) installed .. You should be able to access the media files on your phone , back them up onto your computer , and then transfer them to your new phone ....
    08-07-08 10:28 AM
    Hi....here's a similar problem for a blackberry-superhero-helper.....
    I was trying to change over contacts, memos, passwords etc, from my 8707 to 9000. The issue is that i synchronised my 8707 with my mac, only to find that the 8707's contacts, memos and everything else including pictures have been wiped out. I cannot seem to find them anywhere. Not in my 8707 (which has returned to factory settings) and on my mac. Then when I tried to sync my new 9000, my mac could not read it. Could anyone please enlighten me somehow? As I am sincerely distressed and angry at the loss of all my information.

Please Please help!
    09-04-08 02:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD