All of a sudden my track wheel won't click it turns fine and everything else is normal. No drops or other abuse. Any suggestions? Or is this a good reason to go back to Verizon and upgrade to a curve. My 8703 is only 5 months old.
    Last edited by lfarmer; 05-12-08 at 04:55 PM.
    05-12-08 04:20 PM
    With your phone on, remove the battery for 30 seconds, then put it back in.
    05-12-08 04:27 PM
    I will try that but it does not ever give you the tactile feel of depressing it. I think it is a mechanical issue not software related. Let you know.
    05-12-08 04:47 PM
    I had the same problem. After only 10 months, my track wheel broke. It has been a major pain, to my finger really.
    I hear this happening a lot.

I am Soo happy I'm getting my curve tomorrow. Hopefully that one doesn't brake either. ...but I am cursed.
    05-29-08 04:37 PM
    I had the same problem. After only 10 months, my track wheel broke. It has been a major pain, to my finger really.
    I hear this happening a lot.

I am Soo happy I'm getting my curve tomorrow. Hopefully that one doesn't brake either. ...but I am cursed.
    Verizon, would only replace, not upgrade me to a curve. Fortunately, my company has enough phones with them that a little complaining went a long way. I now have a curve wouldn't go back to the 8703. The battery charge life seems significantly less and I am not using the phone any differently.
    05-29-08 04:58 PM
    good, glad to hear it.

I was talking about my 8700, the track wheel on the side is so ghetto.
    I've had it for 2 years now. I put up w/ that broken *** track wheel for over a year!

Tomorrow I am getting my new 8310 curve, altho i been thinking about getting the 8330.

I don't know what the difference is?

some say one is faster than the other?
    05-29-08 05:20 PM
    05-29-08 05:23 PM
    but you can do a lot more impressive looking bb moves with the trackwheel
    06-19-08 02:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD