can anyone explain to me why the themes I bought from bplay will not work on my 8700r? i upraded to the newest os, but i still have some theme like the overlord theme. they are visible in the applications, and i have tried downloading them twice now and did the battery pull but they do not show up, any help???
    05-17-09 07:59 PM
    Just to make sure. You are going to options themes then selecting the theme you want to run and it isnt changing?
    05-17-09 08:19 PM
    No the themes are not even showing up in the options to activate, they are in the applications. so they are on the handheld. but they are not in the themes area. this was not a problem till i upgraded the os to 4.5. i did the battery pull follwed the instructions to the letter but they cannot be activated because they dont even show up in the themes option.
    05-18-09 09:08 PM
    and yes I have the latest version of the plazmic theme reader.
    05-18-09 09:09 PM
    Normally when you see them in the applications list but not the theme list its because the theme isn't for your specific device or OS. Try contacting bplay

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 09:52 PM
    to rlp32 cuz i dont know what the **** language that is in the other 2 posts.

i had contacted bplay and got basic runaround stuff i did however get this off the support page:

Plazmic Theme Reader not installed. This is ONLY applicable to users running BlackBerry OS v4.1.0 (models 71xx and 87xx). Installing it on a newer device could cause all themes to stop working, as a newer version is built into the firmware.

ok so i have the 8700r and have the newest os (os 4.5) and im pretty sure i dowloaded the newest version of the theme reader, but according to them, the newest version is already in the firmware, so, should i a) remove the theme reader, or b) remove and reinstall the whole os or 3) screw it and use wallpapers without the themes? although the overlord theme is still there along with the pre-installed ones bb dimension icon/today/zen
    05-19-09 05:18 PM
    but i know bplay billed my phone and that just gets me ticked, and ps, the themes i downloaded were for the 8700 r, you pick your phone, and it takes you to the available themes.
    05-19-09 05:21 PM
    i dont speak this language
    05-19-09 05:22 PM
    OK, heres what I would do. On your device go to options then advanced options then applications. If you see plazmic theme reader in that list click on it to confirm its the 4.1. If it is just delete it then pull the battery out and wait a couple seconds.
    If this doesnt work then all you have to do is go back to desktop manager run applications loader and when the list comes up just make sure there is no check in the box.
    05-19-09 07:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD