Ok I have searched all over the web for an answer, but cant seem to find one. I have a BB 8700 without a data plan but unlimited texting. I can receive an email as a text but how do i send a text to an email without a data plan? I have tried several things to make this work but not getting anywhere. I have one phone with data and no text and the other is texting but no data. I can send a email from the one phone and receive it as a text on the other but it doesnt give me an option to reply back to it. Does this make sense? Can anyone help me out? I dont want to pay for data on the other phone. Any suggestions would be great!
    09-10-09 04:16 PM
    How did you set up the 'email to text' part?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 12:52 PM
    You have to know what the other persons carrier email is. My kids and wife have Cincinnati Bell, so I use the email for Cincinnati Bell. I can email by using the phone # i want to text to and adding the email address to it. This is how I do it: xxxxxxxxxx and then add the email address. The x's are the # you want to text. This will send my email as a text message to the other person. This way I dont get charged for texting and they dont get an email, but a text. Somehow it converts the email to a text message.
    09-16-09 01:19 PM
    Ok I think I know what you are talking about but I don't know the Cincinnati bell carrier's e-mail part. For example, you want to send a text message to someone on verizon.... [email protected]. so you'll need to find that out or call customer care.
    09-16-09 01:29 PM
    Check out this link, it gives you all the carriers email that support email to text. Hope this helps you out:

livejournal.com/tools/textmessage.bml?mode=details
    09-16-09 03:28 PM
    Help us out? lol I thought you were the one that needed help? hee hee
    09-25-09 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD