Anyone experience any problems or issues upgrading to OS 4.2 from T-Mobile on their 8700g?
    10-30-07 01:35 PM
    I upgraded my 8700g with T-Mobile's 4.2 OS last night and found a few quirks here and there. I lost a wallpaper that I had purchased from T-Zones, I now only have three Themes to choose from when I had more before. The theme that I use, BB Dimension Zen now looks different - when clicking the bottom Applications icon, all of the other applications now display on the home page instead of in a flyout menu that I had before. The icon name now slowly appears when the icon is highlighted. Not sure if this is normal or part of upgrading the theme?

However, if you look at Sticky's second message at the top of the boards, it says to delete a vendor.xml file. I didn't do this, so I will try this tonight and redo the upgrade and see if that helps?
    10-31-07 11:28 AM
    T-Mobile has their own now?
    10-31-07 10:01 PM
    okay, so i went to tmobile, downloaded the new OS they have, loaded it to my BB and haven't noticed any changes. what's been upgraded? it's worth noting that i used the 4.2.1.96 that was available in July and just switched to this one. i'm sure there are some subtle differences tho.
    10-31-07 10:43 PM
    I too recently downloaded the new T-mobile firmware update and I do not like it at all. I'm also having issues with my Yahoo IM. I see my contacts list but it will not allow me to expand the groups nor will it allow me to send messages. There is not an option to do either of those things when you click the track wheel. Anybody else experiencing this?
    11-04-07 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD