I use a laptop for work and I access all my applications remotely through my laptop to my companies server. I tried installing the BB software so that I can sync my Outlook calendar with my phone and it seems that I cannot because I access these applications remotley. Anyone know what I might be doing wrong or know a work around for this?
    10-07-08 08:49 PM
    You have to be a BES user to have OTA access to your calendar, contacts, notes, and tasks. If you're not a BES user, you have to synch those using Desktop Manager on your PC.

There are 3rd party apps that may provide some of the functionality you seek. Google is one source. I have not used any of their products.

BlackBerry also makes an application called Unite! that they tout as a BES alternative for BIS users. Do not install this program on your BlackBerry. It will cause all manner of problems, and leave behind an IT Policy that is almost impossible to remove. You can read about it here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/new-...-policy-34665/
    10-08-08 09:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD