Hi guys,

I've been using an 8700c for several months mainly for it's keyboard for texting, and love it, but I never got a data package so I'm kind of in the dark about some things...

I've been trying to get mp3s and jpegs on the device but Roxio can't detect my BB when plugged in (while Desktop Manger can), and I don't know if I can get a memory card, so I'm wondering about trying to get online to access my email and download files that way.

How would I go about accessing the internet for just one time? Can I make my BB access the internet through USB through a computer? And just curious, what kind of bills should I look forward to for a one time download logon when I dont have a data plan? I have a decent AT&T plan fwiw.....

I've looked over the phone and don't see any slots, can I get a memory card for the phone so that I could transfer things that way?

Thanks for any patience and help guys
    05-15-08 12:25 AM
    I've had my 8700 c for almost 2 years and just decided to get a data plan yesterday. AT&T has been my carrier well before the BB. Their site is just terrible if you want tight, consistent informaton. My primary reason for not having data before this was that it cost another $30 over my basic plan. Then I got my bill and found that I had another $40 tacked on for downloading an e-book reader software (MobiPocket). I called AT&T, got that charge and the bill reduced to $7.00 total (if "you weren't aware that data downloads are chargable by the KB, then, gee we have to make that right !") and picked up the data plan for $10 per month (really). That amount was more affordable and not discussed on the site. NOW, my problem is: how do I get on the internet from my BB.!!!

You have no slots and therefore cannot use an SD card. Roxio should see your BB if Desktop Manager can. I think I would uninstall and reinstall. I add all my wallpapers (pictures I took and ones I "borrowed") as *.jpg via Roxio on DM. I also add ringtones from good ole' Crackberry that way too. We should be able to get help and read other posts for the internet thing, but, I will keep trying until I get it. Join me??? If you find something, let me know -

Good Luck!
    04-02-09 07:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD