Hello all!
    I am new to crackberry but not blackberries.

Problem: I am a Bank of America customer and trying to use the SafePass feature. This simply sends a six digit number via SMS to a cell number you provide. It doesn't work to the 8703e blackberry. I get and use the SMS feature, with friends, wife, etc. without problems. Even got the test message Sprint sent me.

Information: When the site sends the message it always comes from phone number 73981. I am now wondering if Sprint or the device doesn't like the fact that it isn't a complete phone number? I had a blackberry 7520 from nextel before this new unit and it worked fine. My friend can also receive the messages on this t-mobile device without problems.

Anyone have ANY ideas?

Thanks!
    Eric
    01-19-08 08:16 PM
    Your best bet would be to contact Sprint/Nextel as much as I hate to say, the method being used is a wireless standard called "short codes", this is used by pretty much any service/company to pass information, ie....ringtone companies, stupid horoscope things, joke of the day etc...etc and POSSIBLY Sprint/Nextel has "blacklisted" this short code from their services, as well just for sake as I know you stated you recieve messages fine from other, just check your firewall just to be sure SMS is not blocked..this can be found under Settings>Options>Security Options>Firewall.
    01-19-08 09:11 PM
    Your best bet would be to contact Sprint/Nextel as much as I hate to say, the method being used is a wireless standard called "short codes", this is used by pretty much any service/company to pass information, ie....ringtone companies, stupid horoscope things, joke of the day etc...etc and POSSIBLY Sprint/Nextel has "blacklisted" this short code from their services, as well just for sake as I know you stated you recieve messages fine from other, just check your firewall just to be sure SMS is not blocked..this can be found under Settings>Options>Security Options>Firewall.
    Thanks Bla1ze for your reply. I will (sigh) have to call Sprint, hope I can get to it before they let the 3000 people go!

Thanks!
    Eric
    01-19-08 11:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD