I just sold my 8700 and want to wipe it clean. I know I read somewhere on how to do it, but I'm tired of looking.

Can someone walk me thru on how to reset everything back and get rid of my personal info/messages? Thanks!
    04-03-08 01:48 PM
    Options -- Security Options -- General Settings -- menu, Wipe Handheld
    04-03-08 01:51 PM
    Would this erase my themes I added as well as games?
    Last edited by ace8077; 04-03-08 at 02:05 PM.
    04-03-08 01:55 PM
    It will ask you if you want to delete the 3rd party apps. I would though coz when I did it on mine, the 3rd party apps didnt work as normal anymore. I had to reinstall them again. So if you're selling it, I would suggest wiping it ALL clean so the buyer wont have any issues whatsoever.
    04-03-08 02:33 PM
    Ok, one more newbe question. Is there a way to erase the entire address book at once, instead of one at a time?
    04-03-08 02:54 PM
    I am selling my Sprint 8703e. I've wiped the handheld of all personal date and applications. Is there a way to delete my phone number?
    04-05-08 11:25 AM
    Options > advanced options > sim card - hit menu key then edit SIM phone number should do the trick.
    04-05-08 11:31 AM
    I just sold my 8700 and want to wipe it clean. I know I read somewhere on how to do it, but I'm tired of looking.

Can someone walk me thru on how to reset everything back and get rid of my personal info/messages? Thanks!
    Go to Options/Security/General Settings and enable and create a simple password, like "asdf". Lock the phone. Unlock the phone, and when asked for the password, enter it incorrectly. Repeat 10 times with the wrong password. You'll be prompted to enter the word "Blackberry." The phone will unlock and be set back to its factory default settings in all respects. Themes, options, etc. All your info will be gone. All third party apps will be gone.

I don't have an 8700, but this process worked on all the other blackberry's I've owned. It's what our tech support people do when someone turns in a phone.
    04-05-08 11:44 AM
    If you are in an OS 6 you just need to options>security options>wipe handheld then type blackberry then it will reset and you are done
    10-06-12 06:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD