Hello,

I just got a Blackberry for work, the 8703e, and I'm hoping someone can help me with something I can't figure out...

It's for work, so I have clients and staff calling me on it. Is there a way I can do something so if either of them call me the phone will only actually ring if it's a staff member? On weekends I don't want to talk to clients, but if the staff needs me I want to know it's them and answer.

I tend to be a workaholic, so I'd prefer not to hear if a client is calling, otherwise I'll be tempted to answer it or listen to their voicemail. But I need to be available for staff members.

Please help! Thank you
    10-22-08 05:48 PM
    You can try this. Make a custom ringtone for whoever it is you want to hear. Then go to profiles and select off. Then go right back to profiles then select advanced/edit. It will have options to let phone ring for certain people.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-08 06:30 AM
    You can try this. Make a custom ringtone for whoever it is you want to hear. Then go to profiles and select off. Then go right back to profiles then select advanced/edit. It will have options to let phone ring for certain people.

Thank you, but I still need some help! I've tried this - I set all my staff to a custom ring tune. I turned the profile to "Off" but it won't let me select the staff as an exception to the active profile.

So I tried setting it to the "Quiet" profile, and made the calls muted, and selected the staff as exceptions. But I tested it by calling from a staff phone number and the phone didn't ring. Am I doing something wrong?
    10-23-08 02:02 PM
    I see your having other issues too. Try a battery pull real fast and see what that does.
    10-23-08 04:13 PM
    I see your having other issues too. Try a battery pull real fast and see what that does.
    I tried that...no luck - it didn't fix anything
    10-23-08 08:48 PM
    Ok maybe try making new profile and setting everything to mute other than the people you wanna hear from. Ill get my 8700 out and try it today and see what I come up with. I know there is a way to do this

10-24-08 06:23 AM
    Ok maybe try making new profile and setting everything to mute other than the people you wanna hear from. Ill get my 8700 out and try it today and see what I come up with. I know there is a way to do this

Great, thank you.

I tried setting the profile to Phone Only and setting phone calls Mute and it just mutes the exceptions too. So I set it to Low and just a tiny Notifying beep for phone calls, as opposed to the classic ring of my exceptions, hoping to hear the ring over the beep. But the ring is on Low volume too, I suppose on default of the active profile. Man, this is confusing!
    10-24-08 07:05 AM
    I believe what you want to do is in the advance section of profiles (not the profile itself) wheel down to the bottom click the wheel and select make new exception.
    10-24-08 07:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD