After last nights fiasco, I finally woke up to a slew of e-mails waiting to be read. Midway into reading them, while in an e-mail, my 8700g just restarted?!?
    Has this ever happened to anyone? Any NYC users? maybe on t-mobile's side?? Its fine now but....you know how it feels to experience a new "symptom" right?
    09-08-07 08:43 AM
    I wonder if the memory became full...
    09-08-07 11:24 AM
    it might've just been an overload for you. i got all my emails in one shot last night around 2 AM, and all was well for me.
    09-08-07 01:05 PM
    Speed Demon,

Have you had any more restarts since you first posted? I have been having the same problem and it has happened a half dozen times in the past few weeks. I am also a T-Mobile 8700g user in NYC. The restarts don't all happen when downloading emails. The last time it happened, I was using the phone.
    09-22-07 08:56 AM
    budular, glad to hear im not goin crazy- yes about the same amount you mentioned...tmobile is sending me a replacement unit. And to answer navilyn- no memory cache is clean; did all of the usual, service books, re-registering of host routing table, battery pull...even did a hard reset...did i miss anything? so, yeah budular...if your unit is new(within a year) then i'd suggest calling to get a replacement...to save time, just come out and let them know you've already tried everything I mentioned. I'm sure they'll do the same for you.
    09-25-07 12:05 AM
    Hmm, strange, might just be a faulty device...

Call Customer Service, and see what they have to say, get it replaced, asap. One can't be without a device, or even faulty one.
    09-25-07 05:49 AM
    How's this for addiction..I was hesitant to do the handset exchange, I've already gotten too attached to this particular unit!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-07 07:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD