Last nite when I went to charge my berry, the phone shut off and a battery icon appeared on the screen with a red line going through it. I unplugged the charger, did a battery pull, and then the phone rebooted fine. Thinking the battery was somehow bad, I removed it and put in a spare battery I have (brand new), and then plugged in the charger and the same thing happened.

Could it be my charger that's messed up?
    Has anybody had this problem before?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-09 06:48 AM
    this just happenned to me after i downloaded the facebook for blackberry app!!! if anyone knows what just happenned please help.
    01-30-10 08:28 PM
    Try the 'battery dead?' thread a little farther down in this forum. See If that helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-10 09:02 PM
    i used repair utility in the os installer and fixed it, retaining all data. it was corrupted files from the facebook app. NOT THE BATTERY
    01-31-10 02:33 AM
    This just happened to me last week and after ordering a brand NEW battery for my Curve 8330, it was still there. I read through the forum for other people who might have had this problem and believe it or not...it was mentioned to drop it on a hard surface from about 4ft. I was desperate I need my phone...been without it for a week!!! :S So I did this technique and low and behold the Blackberry went into reboot mode! I kept my skin on it to avoid damage to the case on the floor! But there you have it...the ol'skool technique of smack it still holds true!!!
    08-16-10 01:19 PM
    Hi,

Pls help me. I bought 2 bberry unlocked curve 8900 from Ebay (website) and these devices doesn't turn on so far. I tried to charge the battery during 24 hours thru USB Cable as well as directly to the Power but without success and note also that appear an icon with battery cross red line in both bberry when plugged to the power.

Please, let me kown how to do, pls.

Thank you beforehand.
    12-07-10 07:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD