Hey all,

Ive been through the FAQ a few times but can't seem to get one of my 8700's back to life. I was upgrading the OS, and it hung up at the part where it goes to "Wait for Device Initialization" then it sits at "Reconnecting to JVM".

It never went past that I let it sit overnight, rebooted the PC and BBerry and the Bberry on screen now says 507 which i read means no OS. Makes sense. If I plug it in USB, i get a never ending rotating hour glass.

Where do I go from here, I can get the OS reload to go again only by running Loader.EXE /nojvm . I can not get Javaloader.exe or JL_Cmder to gain access to the Bberry, it just sits at connecting, never goes anywhere.

Am I done? Is it bricked? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    10-13-07 04:05 PM
    I have nearly the Exact problem with my 8700v Vodaphone Apart from the 507 Error I have been looking in many forums for weeks and have tried installing different desktop software etc, even Vodaphone's software
    With same outcome.
    I beleive if it connected successfully to JVM then all would be fine.
    Is there a way to trick it in doing so ?
    Any help would be greatful and i beleive many are waiting for the same solution.
    Regards
    Colin
    09-12-08 08:31 AM
    plz help getting 507 error on bb 8320 curve
    09-18-08 07:16 PM
    Found this thread, bit old but might help...
    09-25-08 09:33 AM
    make sure the batter is in place when it says Reconnecting to JVM.
    08-05-10 08:09 AM
    Error 507 on BB 8320 as well
    08-08-10 11:51 PM
    at first, I got JVM error 102 reset. So i tried the all the tips here regarding the problem & yet it turned to Reload Software: 507 which i think means the OS was wiped out. So i tried following BB 101 Lesson. Unfortunately, I cant get thru. Im only up to "wait device for initialization". Then it would say Please reconnect device. Mine is BB Storm 9530. I desperately need help. Please...anyone?
    05-19-11 11:38 AM
    when using loader.exe to clean reload the device, i found that when the progress takes longer than it should to connect to the JVM, removing the battery and running that step with the battery out speeds up the process. effective, for me...
    05-20-11 06:39 PM
    seriously when i put the battary when reconneting to JVM it starts rebooting and then go to charging and brings a battary charging sign
    08-09-11 03:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD