Hi, I purchased a blackberry curve last christmas off of ebay.

I just hooked it up to a data plan a week ago, but now I'm getting unwanted emails sent to what I'm suspecting is the previous owners e-mail.

I can't get a hold of the previous owner and I'm sick of getting these e-mails sent to me phone.

And, because of this I cannot add my own e-mail because it's still hooked up to the previous owners'.

Any ideas on what I should do?
    10-07-09 08:16 AM
    I'm not understanding what is going on. You bought a Curve and signed up for a BIS plan. You should have generated a new e-mail address when you signed up for your BIS plan that is something like <yourusername>@<carrier>.blackberry.net. Is that where you are getting e-mails to?

The only part of the phone which is consistent is the PIN. Your phone number is your own, your BIS e-mail address is your own, so the only thing you could be getting related to the previous owner are BBM messages to the PIN. Is that what you're getting? PIN messages?
    10-07-09 11:30 AM
    When I signed up for my plan, I did not generate a new e-mail address.

And the messages are going into where my SMS messages are.

I tried to add my own e-mail into the blackberry but it says one has already been created (obviously the previous owner did so)

And no, it is not going to BBM, they are definietly e-mail messages.

Sorry if this is confusing you.
    10-07-09 03:46 PM
    Call your carrier tech support and have them delete the BIS account already associated with your PIN
    10-07-09 06:47 PM
    ^ That would be my suggestion as well.
    10-26-09 01:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD