Hi ya'll- first time poster and first time blackberry noob.

My boyfriend ordered a pearl from AT&T and received an 8700 by mistake. They said don't bother returning the phone, so I had them give me the unlock code. Now I have an unlocked 8700c that I can use with my T-mobile SIM

On t-mobile, when you get unlimited messaging, it includes all message types (email, IM, text, and pic)

Problem is I can't get my email or IM functioning on this 8700c. I have no idea what configuration I need, what servers I need to be using, etc.

No, I don't have a blackberry data plan, and don't have an internet plan with T-mobile.

Anyways, what I would like to do is completely rebrand the phone with the ROM from the 8700g. I was able to install OS v 4.2.1.107 by downloading it from the t-mobile site, but it still is branded as AT&T.

How can I truly make it a T-Mobile 8700?

Thanks in advance.
    09-30-08 09:39 PM
    Sorry but is no real way to rebrand it, to setup email and use IM will need a data plan. Need at least the BB voice addon for MMS and IM, BB BIS for internet and email. Because you have to remove the vendor file to load the T-Mobile OS it will never truly be branded T-Moible as the ATT info in a protected portion on the Rom
    09-30-08 10:24 PM
    i have an 8700c and i unlocked it to tmobile but i cant use my browser!!! how do i set it to tmobile's browser.
    10-28-08 03:26 PM
    i have an 8700c and i unlocked it to tmobile but i cant use my browser!!! how do i set it to tmobile's browser.
    Do you have a blackberry data plan?
    10-29-08 07:41 AM
    you need t-mobil service books there are ways to do this but this was my solution and was a lot faster thn messing with tcp setting or modifying service books to work there are tuts for that on this sight if needs be just search

my solution=

i had same problem with my 8700c cingular bbr and i downloaded device software 4.5.0.99 from link on this sight it was for t-mobil wich is my carrier and loaded the os minus VENDOR.XML. now it works even have browser function now but only on t-mobil sight cause i don't have data plan but i can view my account now. sms,mms,work great even have better signal than before
    11-24-08 12:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD