Hi everyone,
    As you can see, I am new to this web site, and pretty much to Blackberries in general. I have looked around at the Blackberry 101 lecture series, and have found them extremely helpful in answering some of my questions.
    I had a 7290 for a few months (picked it up "new" from eBay), but after a while the "O" key stopped working. I got a 8700c instead (although I really liked the 7290), because it was faster with an upgraded CPU and EDGE data transfer. I love it.

Some questions about email though. I have three email accounts set up on my BB, my Gmail account (the one I use the most), my school email account, and the @att.blackberry.net one (love the push email).
    For Gmail, I am assuming they don't offer true "push" functionality? If I am sent an email, I am able to access it almost instantly from my computer (using gmail.com, not Outlook or anything), but it takes it anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes to show up on my Blackberry. Not a big deal, just wondering if this was normal for Gmail or if I had something set up wrong.
    On my school email account, they use Exchange 2007. Last year they upgraded, and I set up Outlook on my laptop to use exchange. On my Blackberry, when I am sent an email at the school address, it also takes between 5-10 minutes for it to arrive. Isn't Exchange suppose to offer push email to Blackberry devices? I looked at my email account settings in my Blackberry set up program, but wasn't able to find anything that confirmed it was set up as an Exchange email account, so I was wondering if there is anyway to get true push functionality from Exchange.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I look forward to posting here!
    07-19-08 12:39 AM
    Maybe this is a dumb question, but are you getting good signal strength and data speeds? I am a bit of a blackberry newb but when my gmail arrives on my BB before firfox refreshes and I don't remember having to set up anything special. Maybe you need to set up your gmail to check for mail more often. I am sure someone else will be a bigger help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-08 09:41 AM
    Yeah I'm getting full signal.
    How do you set it up to check more often? I looked in the email set up thing, and I couldn't find anything about the "checking interval", just basic stuff like username, password, etc.
    07-19-08 10:33 AM
    gmail is pretty fast for me
    07-19-08 12:07 PM
    Yeah I'm getting full signal.
    How do you set it up to check more often? I looked in the email set up thing, and I couldn't find anything about the "checking interval", just basic stuff like username, password, etc.
    Ya I guess I was wrong I use my gmail as a hub for several mail accounts so gmail checks them and they are in turn all sent to my blackberry. If you still have poor response (which honestly 5-10 isn't that bad) try a battery pull perhaps.

Also, sorry for the slow response, I was watching The Dark Night so I had to put down the BB for 2 and a half hours. Good movie though.
    07-19-08 12:38 PM
    Ok, yea 5-10 mins isn't a big deal, just wondering what other people were experiencing.
    Anyone know about the Exchange-push thing though?
    I've heard really good things about the new Batman movie, I will have to see it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-08 01:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD