Hi everyone,
    I was looking for some on-board navigation software that does not require a lot of memory,and I finally found this one,called We-travel.
    Now I'm wondering how to install it on my BB 8707g,coz it's a java file.
    Could anyone give me some help?

Thanx a lot
    03-07-09 02:37 PM
    jar/jad files are for OTA downloads. Us your blackberry browser and go to the site that your going to get the program from and it will install by itself. Just have to make sure it is for your specific device and OS. Check you OS version by going to options/about and its the third line down.
    03-07-09 07:10 PM
    Thanx.
    Unfortunately I can't go online with it.......And what about converting java to alx?

Thanx again
    03-08-09 04:32 AM
    You could look into this http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/sof...cod-alx-45721/
    I have not tried it myself but its worth a shot. Also, Idont know if this will work or not but heres another idea I ran across here sometime ago.
    Put the .jar file onto your device by using desktop manager. Put it in the media folder. Then open the file using media player and it installs it. Hope that helps you.
    03-08-09 07:44 AM
    Sorry....How could I do this?Do you mean apploader?It does not allow me to load jar files,only alx.
    I've been using BB for a week....I am not confident with it.
    Thanx

P.S:I apologize for my English,I am from Italy.....
    Last edited by Arce87; 03-08-09 at 08:04 AM.
    03-08-09 07:58 AM
    Your english is ok. To put that file on your device you have to open desktop manager then go to the media manager part. If you dont have the media manager option you will have to get Desktop manager with media manager. You can get that at Smartphones, Cell Phones & Smart Phones at Blackberry.com then go to support then downloads. I recommend getting 4.6 with media manager for your device.
    03-08-09 08:28 AM
    Searched around a little bit and I found this. http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/inst...a-plan-171843/
    Seems like it would work.
    03-08-09 08:43 AM
    Thanx.
    The first method you suggested does not work.I actually drag the jar file into BB's mem but I can't go on it by using menu/media.
    About the second way,since I can't download directly the jar file,but an archive containing it,OTA obviously says that it is not a valid URL...................I am starting to think there's no way out.....
    03-08-09 10:00 AM
    should be able to go to media then hit menu and explore. Then it should be somewhere.
    I honestly havent tried this whole thing because I have data. Sorry I am of no help.
    03-08-09 10:16 AM
    Grazie!!!!!
    03-08-09 11:15 AM
    il vostro benvenuto
    03-08-09 02:38 PM
    Hi!
    I converted the java with the app you posted before,and I installed on the BB.
    But when I browse from menu in order to open it,an error notice comes up.
    I read on official forum that actually there's no way of making this app work on BB.
    And even if it could,I don't think that it would be possible to load maps on just 60mb..........
    Last edited by Arce87; 03-09-09 at 10:00 AM.
    03-09-09 08:37 AM
    By the way.........could you give some suggestions about sharing my home ADSL with BB through bluetooth?
    I have an Ibook g4 12".
    03-09-09 05:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD