first off let me say how much i LOVE this friggin phone... the keyboard is what does it for me!!!!!, along with all the organizer/pda features it has... i will never go back to txting on a little phone with just a keypad again..

picked up my gently used 8700 from ebay for 40$ shipped to my door... clean, minimal tiny scratches on the screen not noticeable when the screen is lit.. i may buy a new housing for it there is dust behind the screen.. i popped in my sim and good to go with a badass messaging/phone/organizer..

i am NOT getting the BB data plan... i dloaded the desktop manager, already have wallpapers and ringtones installed, i updated the OS, and added opera mini so i can browse the net/ check email with my medianet package from ATT which is tested and working fine...

these forums are awesome, you would have seen a bunch of posts from me, but luckily i know how to use the search function and found all the info i needed.... you guys rock, and thanks alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    06-05-08 04:56 PM
    congrats on the device and the addiction.
    06-05-08 05:54 PM
    haaa i spoke too soon... flipping track wheel button broke.. doesnt click, toook it apart and a peice fell out.. the little metal button that was attached to the wheel assemby....
    06-05-08 08:49 PM
    time to get another one for spare parts
    06-05-08 08:51 PM
    yeah i ordered a track wheel from ebay for 10$ shipped, i took apart the BB and the clicker is toast.. so waiting for the replacement so i can solder it on.. also goin to get a replacement housing down the road if all goes well with the wheel replacement.. will be completely refurbed then..
    06-07-08 01:19 PM
    If i'm not mistaken you can't use a media net package for a blackberry. The past three blackberry's I have had they told me I needed to get a blackberry plan for the phone, because media net wouldn't work for it. You might want to call att and check with them. I get an unlimited blackberry plan for 30 dollars a month. Let me know if you need any help.
    06-07-08 02:18 PM
    If you need parts check on ebay for good price.
    06-07-08 02:24 PM
    yeah thats where i got the new track wheel from ebay, waiting on it to arrive so i can solder it in, and hopefully all will be good.. and as for the media net thing, i do not have any browsers on the phone, media net or BB browsers, i have no service books of any kind, i installed opera mini via PC and changed my tcp settings so opera accesses the net via WAP i have no BB data plan and was browsing the net with no prob, now i called att to verify my messaging plan came with 5mb of data, and told them i am using a used berry, they said that i need a bb data plan to access internet, but that is with bb browser.. i RARELY use the net anyway, only reason i called to verfiy i had data is for the rare occasion i might need to access internet on the go.. which might be once a month if that to check my yahoo mail... so i had no intention of spending 30$ a month for that...
    06-08-08 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD