Hello...

I just got my 8703e, and have a little hiccup when trying to sync with Outlook 2007. For reference, I am running Win XP.

My address book syncs fine. However, the other items (calendar, memo, tasks) generate a dialog box noting that the database file is either missing, or is returning a zero line length.

This is obviously an Outlook problem, but I don't know where to browse for the database files?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Rob
    02-22-08 12:16 AM
    Hey Caz,
    What Desktop Manager version are you using?
    02-23-08 01:37 PM
    JJFigle, I am running:

Version 4.1.1.9 (Feb 24 2006)
    02-23-08 10:25 PM
    Update to the latest version of Desktop Manager DM 4.3. That will likely solve your problems. Let us know.
    02-23-08 10:57 PM
    Update to the latest version of Desktop Manager DM 4.3. That will likely solve your problems. Let us know.
    That's exactly what I was thinking. I was having all kinds of problems with 4.2.2 and when I upgraded to 4.3 it was all better.

New BlackBerry Desktop Manager v4.3 Available for Download from Vodafone!?! | CrackBerry.com
    02-24-08 10:46 AM
    Thanks, I will try that and let you know how it pans out.

-R.
    02-25-08 02:10 PM
    Did your previous model have a database that was converted from a palm cuase I have learned (the hard way) that outlook 07, anything palm and blackberry are a bad combination.
    02-25-08 04:31 PM
    Fozy -- nope, it didn't. I actually gave up on my Palm IIIxe years ago and went back to paper. I'm only with a Blackberry now because TELUS made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

Anyway... I downloaded Desktop Mgr v4.3, and the latest update for my device. Fixed the sync issues, so thank you John and JJ for the suggestion.

The new software for my device makes it run a little slower, but the added features (media manager) are quite nice. Wasn't too happy that I had to reset some of my preferences, but hey... it works!

Thanks again.

-R.
    02-26-08 01:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD