Just curious... I always like to know the answers to what if questions.

If I were to load a Curve OS on the blackberry 8700g What color flames would shoot out and what would stop working? lol... I would assume the trackWHEEL would not suddenly assume the responsibility of the trackBALL that the higher os would look for, and I assume other mild to severe annoyances would ensue but has anyone done this? I have seen where there is a 4.5 device OS but it shows it being for AT&T. I see people saying if you remove the Vendor XML file it will work on any 8700 device? I have an 8700g. I just want to make sure I get this right.
    Last edited by R.Burns; 03-21-09 at 08:09 PM.
    03-21-09 07:58 PM
    First I dont think you would actually be able to get the curve OS to install on the 8700. And if somehow you got it to load it would just give you error codes right off the rip.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f6/newe...nguage-129985/
    That link has the OS for your device. Yes it is at&t but delete the vendor.xml file and load away.
    03-21-09 09:44 PM
    Thanks very much!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-09 04:21 PM
    Blackberry Desktop Manager did not detect the update. Vendor.XML deleted from c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
    AppLoader didnt catch it either.
    This is an 8700g just to make sure you noticed.
    03-22-09 05:41 PM
    Disconnect from the internet while doing this upgrade. Dm automatically searches for updates for your device. So it will tell you there isnt one. Reboot the pc and disconnect, give that a shot.
    03-24-09 10:14 AM
    im having same problem with my 8703e...DM will NOT reconize downloaded new OS..
    04-15-09 10:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD