I have T-Mobile and use the internet and email data package. I installed Opera Mini hoping to get something better than the default BB Browser which is dreadful. Well, Opera Mini will not run and I get a message that tells me to contact T-Mobile. Does anyone else have T-Mobile and another Internet browser? Do you use Opera Mini? I'm looking forward to hearing from you!
    07-25-07 01:22 AM
    I have the bata 4 on my 8700g and what you got to do is go to advanced options and open TCP add. wap.voicestream.com on the top line leaving name and pass blank then run the setup and you should be set
    Last edited by tomdick; 07-25-07 at 11:36 AM.
    07-25-07 11:26 AM
    thanks for the info, tomdick. but I did that, and it still won't connect after it performs the 20 step test. any other advice?

how is the beta, by the way?
    Last edited by Amen; 07-28-07 at 11:40 PM.
    07-28-07 11:33 PM
    thanks to the help i got my 8700g working....i had the same problem. i rock a crackberry background and the newest OS is ownage....ty crackberry!!
    07-29-07 12:43 AM
    i have no idea what i did differently, why it worked, but it does. I've been messing with new apps all morning, and still had no luck with operamini. I downloaded the 3.1.2 version just now, after having installed RambleIM. My APN was changed to wap.voicestream.com from internet2.voicestream.com for RambleIM to work. When it actually connected, I decided to give Opera another go, and boom. It's fully functional, and I'm on myspace right now. If I had a digicam, I'd take pics, but I don't.

After some time with it, I don't really like it. The sites that come with Opera Mini already there load fairly quickly. Myspace had good speed, as did USA Today and ESPN. However I kept getting failures and operation time outs when I tried to visit crackberry, and other forums I frequent. I wasn't even trying to access heavy HTML image pages and it'd take a very long time to load. I'm not going to remove it yet, because I don't know if there's something that can be done to optimize the speed. But I'm sticking to the browser that came with the 8700 for now.
    Last edited by Amen; 07-29-07 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Update
    07-29-07 01:57 PM
    try the bata 4 it rocks
    08-05-07 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD