got my bb desktop manager cd loaded up. open the icon.
    PROBLEM NUMBER 1 ....it always shows disabled but doesnt tell you how to ENABLE
    PROBLEM NUMBER 2......under options, i go to try something, it says to pick a serial port number COM 1, COM2 heck WHAT THE HAYULL ARE THEY AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO PICK OR WHY
    PROBLEM NUMBER 3......i get a flag that says "cannot detect blackberry or handheld or whatever". IT IS CONNECTED WITH A CORD TO A USB PORT AND EVEN MAKES THAT BLIP SOUND WHEN I CONNECT IT INTO THE JACK THING

MY GOD. i went to microsoft outlook and typed in all my phone numbers and addresses and SIMPLY WANT TO SHARE IT WITH MY BB and CANT FIGURE OUT FOR THE LIFE OF ME> I AM SO FRUSTRATED
    WHAT AM I DOING WRONG???????????????????????????????
    01-01-08 08:03 PM
    Breathe....

When you get into Desktop Manager, click on Options, then Connection Settings, and under the dropdown you should see something like USB PIN and your PIN number (assuming your deivce is connected via the USB cable). Select that one and click OK.

Do you not see the USB PIN option under Connection Settings?
    01-01-08 08:05 PM
    no, only serial setetings. no connection settings and no USB PIN number words like you say
    and have checked "enable usb port to serial converter compatibility"
    Last edited by texascowgirl; 01-01-08 at 08:08 PM. Reason: add
    01-01-08 08:07 PM
    What version of Desktop Manager did you install? If 4.3, I'd recommend uninstalling it and installing 4.2.2 (can find on the Blackberry.com website under Downloads).
    01-01-08 08:08 PM
    and another question. it doesnt tell you what INTELLISYNC means. i guess when i finally figure out how to make it work, that is what makes the stuff in my microsoft outlook address book go into my bb right? well i cant even get that far yet. cant make this thing work!
    01-01-08 08:09 PM
    the CD that came with my original bb i bought in jan. it says 2.1.
    but i did download that 4.2 thang off of bb.com website too but it didnt work so i put the CD in, thinking i guess you need a cd.
    i am going to try it again

What version of Desktop Manager did you install? If 4.3, I'd recommend uninstalling it and installing 4.2.2 (can find on the Blackberry.com website under Downloads).
    Last edited by texascowgirl; 01-01-08 at 08:22 PM. Reason: update
    01-01-08 08:11 PM
    That would be best. Too early a version of Desktop Manager and it won't recognize the device.
    01-01-08 08:25 PM
    maybe thats the problem. download almost complete. pray that it works! cuz this crackberry is about to CRACK!

That would be best. Too early a version of Desktop Manager and it won't recognize the device.
    01-01-08 08:27 PM
    Fingers are crossed!!
    01-01-08 08:30 PM
    well the download worked but now i cannot figure out how to copy my microsoft outlook contacts (phone numbers/addresses) into bb.
    the usb port does hook to bb and recognizes it on my bb (says connected)
    but when i hit "synch" or "intellisynch" or whatever it says, it says there are no applications configured for synchronization. dont know what that means or how to fix it. i am so lost.
    ALL I WANT TO DO IS AVOID HAVING TO TYPE ALL MY PHONE NUMBERS INTO THE BB WITH SMALL KEYBOARD> I WANT TO COPY WHAT I HAVE IN MY OUTLOOK!!!
    01-01-08 10:08 PM
    You're almost there!

This may help:

BlackBerry Search Results

The steps for Task 2 should be all you need.
    01-01-08 10:18 PM
    i have no such thing come up under ANY application on my phone. no such thing as "turn wireless synchronization off" option
    01-01-08 10:29 PM
    Hold a sec. Let me check mine. I don't use DM to sync since I'm on a BES, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.....
    01-01-08 10:31 PM
    and i tried to double click on the synch option on the desktop manager and nothing happens. but desktop manager shows i am connected. the bb shows i am connected to laptop. nothing is happening. i find NO OPTIONS IN MY BB for turning wireless synch off and have checked it all. there is an icon for TURN WIRELESS OFF. thats all. is that the same thing?

this is driving me to drink! come on. with all the geeks out there, how come they had to make this so dadgum difficult? it shouldnt have to be this way. sheesh.
    Last edited by texascowgirl; 01-01-08 at 10:37 PM. Reason: add
    01-01-08 10:36 PM
    Ok, try these steps:

Open Desktop Manager
    Click the Configuration tab and then double click the Synchronize icon
    Click the Configure Synch... button
    With the Address Book application selected (greyed), click the 'Choose...' button
    Under Available Applications, click Microsoft Outlook and click OK
    Do the same with the Calender, if you want to sync that, too
    Click OK when done to get back to where you clicked on the Configure Synch button
    Click on the Synchronize tab and click Synchronize now button.
    01-01-08 10:36 PM
    on my desktop manager there is no configuration tab. it is only a small box that has: application, backup, media, switch device, and synch. its a small box, and looks like it should scroll to more options but doesnt. the maximize screen button is non-existent or grayed out. so if there is more, i cant see it. it's just a small box! dont seem right. sure appreciate ya trying to help me. if you have any other hints on trouble shooting i will be thankful. gotta go to bed soon. back to work tomorrow but will re-check for your replies tomorrow! thanks so much
    p.s. cant double click on ANY of the options and open them. though it shows desktop manager connected. i dont get it
    Last edited by texascowgirl; 01-01-08 at 11:01 PM. Reason: add
    01-01-08 10:59 PM
    You want to double click on the Sync icon....then you should see a new window open with 2 tabs at the top.

Get some sleep, I'm heading that way, too
    01-01-08 11:04 PM
    thats what i am saying, double clicking on any of the icons does nothing. what's wierd is that the desktop manager is small, you cant maximize it to a full screen. i have a feeling there are more than 4 icons in there, is there?
    and yes it does say connected on desktop manager when i try clicking.
    will check messages when i come home tonite to see if anyone can figure this out...

You want to double click on the Sync icon....then you should see a new window open with 2 tabs at the top.

Get some sleep, I'm heading that way, too
    01-02-08 07:00 AM
    Nope thats it ...4 icons. It is supposed to be small.
    Reboot your machine and try again. The above instructions should work.
    01-02-08 08:10 AM
    Actually, I have 6 icons with 4.2:

Application Loader
    Backup & Restore
    Email Settings
    Media Manager
    Switch Device Wizard
    Synchronize

Without your BB connected to your PC, open Desktop Manager. Can you double click on any of the icons now?

Also, click on Help (along the top of the window) and then 'About Desktop manager'. What version does it show is installed?
    01-02-08 12:18 PM
    nope nothing works. cant double click on any icons on desktop manager. whether bb connected or not. the PIN number on desktop manager reflects same one as on my bb options/info does. the desktop manager states "connected". any ideas?
    it's a 4.2.2 version
    01-02-08 10:12 PM
    bump. cuz problem since not solved
    01-05-08 12:37 AM
    Well I'm not as versed with the BB..But I know Computers....I would try a virus scan.......and if it comes out blank...then I would uninstall the BB desktop.....do a full shut down...then reboot and reinstall the desktop software clean..Meaning not more then one install of different versions.....you could have a partial install that is damaged and this could be the problem...
    Good Luck..
    01-06-08 01:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD