I went through my emails, texts, app world, messengers. turns out it was hiding out in my messsages list as stated. I did a delete prior and low and behold it showed itself as unread. I put delete prior to remind you. Deleted and gone. It was Scoremobile update which I had already downloaded. Weird but got it now. Thanks guys. I was getting frustrated. 5 mins on this through google finished.
    09-16-09 04:17 PM
    hey, yeah, sometimes if its off check your calenders and in the case of bbm it could be a group invite or a new group notification,
    mine however, isnt, it has no number and it just arrived on my phone its a grey square with a white smiley face in it, and ive checked all the usual suspects, all messages, voicemails, bbm and facebook.
    10-24-09 04:27 AM
    Hey Everyone! I've had the EXACT same problem and just fixed it. It was cumbersome, but I literally had to go into my "messages" folder and scroll through ALL of my messages until I eventually found it. I had to go back 2 and a half months to find it! But, as soon as I did, I deleted it and the notification immediately went away. Do this and I guarantee it will work. Hope this helps!!
    11-29-09 08:00 PM
    what if you have a notification icon about new email but when i go to open my email it was empty ? im using my old 8700
    12-02-09 02:27 AM
    I have a yellow circle (kind of looks like the internet browser icon) with a number 1 to the left of it, up by my date, time, etc.
    Any help on getting rid of it?
    12-18-09 03:43 PM
    I have tried all the suggestions, but I still have that facebook icon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-09 12:08 AM
    Thanks NaviWilliams! I can get some sleep tonight. That icon was driving me crazy!!! Thank you.
    01-22-10 11:48 PM
    my little white rectangle with the grey dots in the upper right corner was, believe it or not, VOUCEMAIL! Who'd have thought that you could get a voicemail without the phone showing a missed call or a voicemail message in the inbox???
    02-08-10 10:39 AM
    Yes I have this same problem, it did it before but I took out the battery and went away but it is back again. I know it was not my facebook also.
    05-11-10 06:18 PM
    This morning I woke up to a new icon on my Storm right under the time and date that has the number one and then a circle with an arrow going through it. I would assume it wants me to update an app or download something, but I cannot find it anywhere. Usually with an update the little red asterisk is on the app that has the update, but I cannot find it.

Does anyone know of a tip to find the new download?
    05-28-10 09:41 AM
    Dear all users,
    i have a problem that is driving me crazy..... i have a 9700 and it shows the bbmessenger icon on my screen, however no chats or new messages are on it, need help!!!!
    05-28-10 11:52 AM
    what if you have a notification icon about new email but when i go to open my email it was empty ? im using my old 8700
    i have almos t the same problem.... but with the bbmessenger icon it shows but no new mwssages are on it, i already clean all chats and over review all contacts to chack for new messages but nothing at all.....
    05-28-10 11:55 AM
    I have a curve 8530 and there is an icon that recently popped up on the upper left hand corner where the new message icons appear. The symbol is an arrow facing the southwest direction with a circle arround it. the symbol has a 1 next to it and a red circle with a plus indicating that there is something new on my phone but i can't figure out what the symbol is reffering to. i have lookeing in all my folders and i don't have any type of new message that i can see. can someone tell me what to do to get it off of my phone or where to look?
    06-21-10 01:32 AM
    I have a new 9650 and have the same Icon and cant seem to get ride of it either. Hopefully someone will have the answer...
    06-24-10 03:47 PM
    So nobody knows what that Icons represents huh? Oh well will have to look elsewhere, I guess.
    07-01-10 01:11 PM
    I recently had a really strange icon pop up on my main screen (shows in lock and unlock mode). It is a circle with an arrow in the middle, a red asterisk and the number 1 appearing in the upper left corner. After reading through many comments, I called my IT brother-in-law. He informed me that this icon is a notification that one of my applications has a new software update. He said to open up my message folder and there should be a notification there. Click on it and accept or decline the update and the icon will go away.

Just thought I would pass this on if anyone else had the same problem.
    07-07-10 08:20 PM
    I posted an update for you.

open message folder... it's a notification of a software update for "1" of your applications>
    07-07-10 08:22 PM
    Very Cool that was it. I went back through my entire message list and found a similar Icon in the list. It was an update to Blackberry App world. All set and now Icon is gone.
    07-10-10 08:19 AM
    hey people, have read through all your posts
    and appears that none of u have the same problem as me lol
    iv even googled this one and couldnt find anywhere for icons, plus i cant find the user guide i know itrs somewhere but no idea

but anyways on the left hand side of the date time and network thingy is an icon i have never seen before all i can describe it as is a circle with and arrow pointing into it with a red dot on the end of the arrow and a 1 on the left hand side of that
    but when i receve sms that i con appears on the left of this one and when i get bbm that i con appears on the right of it, iv pulled the battery 3 times now and no luck it appeared about 2 hours ago anybody any ideas?

Liam
    07-12-10 12:33 PM
    I had a facebook icon on my screen for about a week and finally I had to wait and it went away by itself
    07-14-10 08:24 PM
    I had someone ask me about an icon earlier today and, while I know I've seen it on my BB, I don't remember where, when, or what it meant. If I'm recalling correctly, it looks like this:

(all of the black is background)

Does anyone recognize it?
    09-04-10 05:36 PM
    i have this thing on top of my screen on the left side of the time....its a yellow circle with white grid lines...can someone tell me what it is and how to get it to go away..thanks
    09-25-10 04:51 PM
    Mine is not blue and white, it's just a regular yellow envelope (like for texts) but wasn't a text or email or anything. I finally figured out it was a missed call (which is stupid, considering there is a whole other icon for that). Why BB would give you two notifications for the same thing is beyond me, but, as soon as I deleted the call, the envelope disappeared. You can also do this by going into Messages>Menu>View Folders>Missed Calls. I hope this helps! If not, sorry I have only had my BB a couple of days!
    09-30-10 09:07 AM
    I have the 8703e and the past two days i recently get a wierd icon on my blackberry near my messages icon by the time and date. It seems like a message icon of some sort but it only shows up when i have the keyboard locked. It started with a number 1 next to it but now its all the way up to number 4 and it vibrates when it goes up but the phone says nothing. Is there somewhere that i can find and see a list of the notification icons to see what this is? Its a blue white and gray square. Thanks a bunch. Its driving me nuts to not know what it is.

10-27-10 09:55 PM

It dissapeared after removing battery

10-27-10 09:57 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD