I set up my BIS account and added my email and it sent me an email from activation server saying congradulations, account was successfully set up and I would start receiving emails in about 20 minutes. The problem is I never receive anything!!! I can send them, when I sent a test to myself from my BB I received it on my computer but not on my BB. I have a hotmail account. Thanks for all the help!!!
    03-04-08 03:36 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull? Do you have Hotmail Plus?
    03-04-08 03:59 PM
    I have tried a battery pull and no I do not have hotmail plus but lots of my friends don't either and their BB works fine with their email. I've had my account since 2000.
    03-04-08 04:12 PM
    Log into your carrier's BIS web site and resend yourself the service books. If it doesn't work after that, then you will probably need Hotmail Plus in order to get access to your hotmail. Your address could be on a server that has pop access restricted.
    03-04-08 04:17 PM
    Yeah I did that too. Some Hotmail Plus subscribers are having the same issues so I don't know if that will work or not. I love the BB but this is sooo frustrating!!!
    03-04-08 04:19 PM
    Hotmail is probably not the best choice to use as an email service with a BB. You'd be better off using Gmail.
    03-04-08 04:24 PM
    Thanks for the advice. Anyone else have anything I can maybe do??
    03-04-08 04:51 PM
    I would say use Gmail. :-). This definetly sounds like an issue with the POP forwarding on Hotmail's side. Make sure that POP is enabled on your hotmail account and see what happens. Sorry I can't be more help. Good luck...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-08 08:54 PM
    I got this phone off eBay and the guy that had it before me had Hotmail (the regular one) and he didn't have any problems, so I'm hoping to keep my email address the same since everyone has it. How do I check and make sure POP is enabled on my Hotmail account??
    03-04-08 11:38 PM
    Anyone have anything else?? My BB is pretty much obselete since my email isn't working!!!
    03-06-08 11:43 PM
    boyfriend has hotmail... has it since 2000, and it SUCKS for BB lol. Takes hours for an email to go thru to his phone. I have gmail, and i get them on my BB before i get them in my inbox on computer
    03-06-08 11:49 PM
    Ha, thanks for the encouragement Sarah (: I would almost be satisfied if I rec'd them, even if it were hours later...
    03-06-08 11:54 PM
    Didnt mean it in a bad way.. just my own personal experiances maybe switch to gmail and have your hotmail forwarded there? (not even sure if hotmail lets you)
    03-07-08 12:07 AM
    I was just picking. Yeah I thought about just forwarding but what a hassle! Who knew when you signed up with the BIGGEST monopoly for email service it would end up being the worst.
    03-07-08 12:11 AM
    Aight Toxxin, I think I got it for ya. Check this out so that you can POP Hotmail.

Hotmail Forwarding - GetMail For Hotmail
    03-07-08 07:55 PM
    That would be nice if I were trying to forward. Thanks anyways.
    03-07-08 11:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD