First of all, I'm new in the forum and I'd like to greet you all for reading my first post in the community forum.

I've just got a used BlackBerry 8700g here in Chile, with prepaid cards to make calls (no internet contract/plan). But it isn't configured to use the browser, I know I've got some minutes of WAP traffic (I bought some Kb for 2 USD here in Chile) but there's no way to use it. The BlackBerry shows the EDGE availability next to the signal bars on the top. There's no way to access the Browser directly on the Applications menu too.

Any advice for this problem? I just want to be able to use those WAP KBs I bought.

Thank you guys for your time,

greets

JP
    03-05-08 11:34 PM
    Is the browser icon in the menu?
    03-05-08 11:54 PM
    No dude. It isn't. The only way for me to open it it's going to "Switch Application" and then launch it from that menu, but it alerts me saying: "Your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries. Please contact your service."

I don't wanna contact them, because I have to move a away to go to the place where they configure cell phones here in my city.

Is there a way to do it myself?

Thanks you!
    Last edited by jpincheira; 03-07-08 at 10:09 AM.
    03-07-08 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD