Software For BlackBerry� 8703e smartphone.

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.5.0.267 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.5.0.267
    Consisting of:

* Applications: 4.5.0.165
    * Software Platform: 2.4.0.30
    * File name: 8703eAMEA_PBr4.5.0_rel267_PL2.4.0.30_A4.5.0.165_Ta ta_Teleservices_Ltd.exe
    * File size: 71.57MB

Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

* Download Software

This is for the 8703e only.

For the best installation procedure click here.
    10-06-09 09:09 PM
    Will this OS work with a 8703e on Sprint?
    10-11-09 11:47 AM
    In theory yes, but I do know you guys have your special picture mail. I know the OS with security patches is being released, I just post 7. You might want to check the Sprint download for it's release number. It should be 4.5.0.174 or higher, if it's got the patch.
    10-11-09 11:51 AM
    Looks like it does, I have a Sprint 8703e booting to it now
    10-15-09 12:40 PM
    Still doesn't fix the problem with the battery indicator. I'm running the 8703e on CricKet, Verizon phone.

Other then that, I don't notice any changes
    10-18-09 05:07 PM
    I bought a 8703e off of ebay because I wanted a inexpensive phone, that could handle a fall. I updated the OS to 4.5 so I could run slacker-but here is my problem.
    Slacker downloads fine, and starts to run-but when I put my password in-it says that the program will not work because of my firewall. Im unable to go into options>Secuirty>firewall to turn it off-it is instead locked>
    Does anyone have any ideas?
    Other then that-the 8703e-although older - is a nice replacement. Ive had the curve, the tour, and a storm-all were to nice to be carried around a firetruck-so I left them at home...this one seems alittle tougher.
    10-23-09 07:59 PM
    You're right Kirk, it's a nice sturdy device. I think I've got the answer you're looking for:

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-09 08:14 PM
    Does this OS work with Verizon? If so, will this allow me to receive picture mail and HTML emails? Also, does this allow me to have Slacker radio working on this device? Thanks in advance!

10-26-09 02:13 PM
    The OS should work any carrier. Picture mail I thought was a Sprint exclusive app, but if VZW has it too, it should restore with the rest of the third party apps. Slacker is definitely third party, and I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't work as well.

I find it hard to believe someone can't see the humor in my former signature.

10-26-09 05:43 PM
    Ok, I just completed the upgrade. I now have NO Browser..
    How do I fix this problem?
    10-27-09 12:40 AM
    You either simply need to pull your battery, or reregister with your carrier (options->advanced options->host routing table->menu key->register), receive your service book, and then pull your battery.

I find it hard to believe someone can't see the humor in my former signature.

10-27-09 03:30 AM
    I Thank you for you're answers. But I still haven't gotten this right. I requested service books, like you told me. After I did the battery pull, my 8703e is STUCK on the black Verizon Wireless screen. I can't get it to go away. I have received One Phone Call, and it showed the caller id, but once the call was active The Verizon Wireless screen comes back. Please Help.. Where should I go from here?
    10-27-09 11:09 AM
    I'd try another battery pull, but do you have any themes installed? If you do, make sure they're compatible with 4.5 OS.

"But bacon's not the only thing that's cured by hanging from a string"
    -- Hugh Kingsmill.

10-27-09 07:21 PM
    OK, Im loving this phone even more now. Here is what I have done.
    I downloaded 4.5 and had a locked firewall-I used JL cmd, and did option 5 ( factory reset) then redownloaded the software. Now, the firewall is open so that Ican turn it off/on. I did notice afterwards that my browser was gone, so I went into options, and >advanced>host routeing table-and then resent. No problems. If you got problems-write in, and maybe we can fix it.
    The 8703e is perfect now. Great for one hamd option-and VRY stable!
    10-28-09 03:50 AM
    Well, I'm still having the same problem. I've tried everything I know. When I noticed my browser was missing, I followed the instructions on resending Service Books. Afterward, I did a battery pull. Now I can't access the Blackberry software. My BB is stuck on the Black Verizon Wireless screen. It will not go away, battery pull after battery pull. It has been on the start screen for hours. I'm unable to turn the device off using the power button, so I don't know what else to do. Please help!! BTW, I DO NOT have any themes installed, And the phone won't come on..

Last edited by l1lb89; 10-28-09 at 10:24 AM.
    10-28-09 09:45 AM
    Will all the attachments like excel, word, jpg (image files) etc open with Blackberry 8703?

How is the phone for recieving mails with attachments?
    11-10-09 09:06 AM
    Why is this Os only for 8703 not for 8700 ?
    11-10-09 07:44 PM
    Why is this Os only for 8703 not for 8700 ?
    This OS is listed for the 8700:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f6/newe...-asian-355512/
    11-10-09 07:57 PM
    Has anyone posted a list of Applications that work on the Blackberry 8703e running 4.5? It would be very useful. I've installed numerous Applications and for some reason on some, my BB won't turn back on. I get stuck at the Verizon Wireless logo. Someone please reply. I can't get Slacker Radio to run niether. Thanks, B.
    11-22-09 05:52 PM
    With the plethora of 3rd party apps, and new ones coming out seemingly everyday, you're asking the impossible. Since you can't even get it past the splash screen, may I suggest starting without anything but the OS, and adding one app a day.

WAPers do it With A Passion

11-23-09 04:01 AM
    so i'm guessing the battery indicator issue is still present?
    11-30-09 02:11 PM
    what is the different with 294 ?
    12-02-09 02:31 AM
    So i just installed this OS on my 8703 too and got the same result, this isnt my daily phone so iam trying a complete factory reset and will post results. as no one has really elaborated on this issue or tried to help!
    03-15-10 07:33 PM
    OK I'm back! So it looks like the issue was persistent even after about 4 Battery pulls. I then started to mess with it since i dont really need it (just in case i bricked it) But the first thing i tried was a factory reset in BBSAK and it works it turned on and was in through the settings and stuff. So i did a battery pull to see if it would come back again and well it sure didn't. seems to fix it but you will need to lose everything
    03-15-10 07:44 PM
    Based on that, I would connect with DM, go to Backup/Restore, use Advanced, open the back up you used on the left, and anything dissimilar on the right, remove. Some of the backup is no doubt corrupt, but most is probably fine.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

03-15-10 07:56 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD