Software For BlackBerry® Curve (TM) 8700 smartphone
    From Vodafone Slovenia; This will load on any carrier's 8700 model by following the instructions below.

This version is Multilanguage and contains English.

* Applications: 4.5.0.99
    * Software Platform: 2.7.0.84
    * File name: 8700M_PBr4.5.0_rel134_PL2.7.0.84_A4.5.0.99.exe
    * File size: 65 MB

Download the file here:
    http://www.simobil.si/_static/upload..._A4.5.0.99.exe

For install instruction to load any carrier 8700 OS on your BB:

1. Back up data on Desktop Manager under Back up/restore option
    2. Back up your 3rd party apps. Instructions here--> http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...cations-53201/
    3. Disconnect your BB from Desktop Manager
    4. Download desired OS to your PC
    5. Install/run OS to PC
    6. Delete vendor.xml file. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader if the OS is not from your carrier.
    7. Connect BB to Desktop Manager and it should prompt the upgrade. If not click app loader and that should initialize it.
    8. Do not unplug BB during the process. It will take around 30-60 minutes to complete upgrade.

***Steps 2 is optional but recommended
    Last edited by ghostshell; 11-14-08 at 06:00 PM. Reason: typos
    11-14-08 05:57 PM
    stickied as well!
    11-14-08 06:00 PM
    Garz,

Does this finally have AT&T support so that 8700 users updating to 4.5 can finally have the Blackberry Browser back?
    11-18-08 06:00 AM
    does it work for bb in brazil? my bb is 8700g...
    11-19-08 08:54 AM
    sometimes it locks and is slow to respond

did two batt pulls over three days

maybe it is getting better

BTW, what is the OS before .99?

thanks

al
    11-23-08 12:02 AM
    i bought a 8700c on ebay just for this os!! it works great, i dl'ed it off of the blackberry.com site and using t-mobile i had to take the battery out a couple times to get certain things to work but it works great!!
    11-23-08 12:37 AM
    I run a BES with about 225 users on it, a large majority of them on AT&T/Cingular running a 4.2 OS.

I am thrilled at the prospect of giving them this new OS.
    11-25-08 02:34 PM
    Good luck to your Geo. I run this on my 8700g and all is well over 31 mb free
    11-25-08 04:21 PM
    I can't get this to install. I've updated the desktop manager, installed the os, and when I plug in the BB with the desktop manager, it says an update to my os 4.1 is available, I click ok, then it says there's nothing to do. What gives?

edit: d'oh, 8700 - I've got an 8703... Must be one of those days
    Last edited by Christien; 11-26-08 at 03:16 PM.
    11-26-08 01:13 PM
    so i take it this update is only for 8700 model and not the 87XX series??? damn it would b nice to have 4.5
    11-27-08 11:15 AM
    I got the update, I lvoe the full HTML email!!

I have had 4.5 on my Curve (personal) since it was the official Rogers version, and now I OS 4.5 on my 8700 (work)...

Now I need OS 4.5 themes for the 8700 haha
    Last edited by hsumra; 11-28-08 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Had an issue, got fixed, now loving 4.5
    11-28-08 09:13 AM
    My 8700c has 4.2 on it do i have to back it up and delete it to add the new 4.5 or how I am new to this...
    Last edited by K4BNJ; 11-30-08 at 09:40 PM.
    11-30-08 09:12 PM
    I just upgraded, but I do not have HTML Email... Any ideas?
    12-01-08 05:23 PM
    I just upgraded, but I do not have HTML Email... Any ideas?
    Keep resending your service books until you get it. It took me 5 or 6 times.
    12-08-08 12:42 PM
    I did as instructed in line 2. backup 3rd party apps and in these instructions under number 15 I was supposed to wipe my hendheld software in JL cmd, which I did and JL delited all software from my handheld and now I cannot connect my BB to PC now... please help and instruct what to do... please
    12-10-08 04:54 AM
    Keep resending your service books until you get it. It took me 5 or 6 times.
    This is whack, I keep resending my service books, and my emails are slowly becoming html... Only have the images will come up, or none at all...
    12-22-08 11:52 PM
    hey does it really works? becuase cents its unoffical i am scared to try it out also does this 4.5 have the beejive update? and what else does the 4.5 os has to offer?
    12-26-08 11:43 PM
    hey does it really works? becuase cents its unoffical i am scared to try it out also does this 4.5 have the beejive update? and what else does the 4.5 os has to offer?
    Here is the list direct from the RIM/BB site:
    User Interface

* Refreshed Look – Enjoy messages, address book entries and a calendar that make better use of colors and fonts. They’re also laid out to more closely match the programs you use on your computer.

Email

* Improved Email Layout (Rich HTML Email) – View tables, images and fonts with formatting that looks better than ever.1
    * Remote Search – Find emails that are stored on a BlackBerry® Enterprise Server.2,3

Attachments and Files

* Edit Microsoft® Word and Microsoft® PowerPoint® Files – Just download the attachments and start typing!
    * Copy, paste, change font formatting and more.4
    * Download and Save – Grab a file on the Internet, and save it to your smartphone to view or edit later.

Want to edit Microsoft® Excel® files on your BlackBerry smartphone? Visit the DataViz® website to register with DataViz and download an update for Documents To Go that includes Sheet To Go.
    SureType®

* Save Time as You Type – Word completion for SureType keyboards will monitor what you type and present a list of options to scroll through so you don’t have to type the whole word.

Browser

* Mobile Streaming – Access videos, music or even sports and news clips from websites with mobile streaming capabilities.5

BlackBerry® Maps

* Local Search - Enter a search term like ‘pizza’ to view a list of places to grab a slice within a 30-km radius.6

Voice Notes

* Send a Voice Note – Instead of typing an email, record a Voice Note and send it as an email attachment or Multimedia Message (MMS).
    * Stay on Top of Your Tasks – Record your thoughts and play them back when they’re needed.

Music

* Improved Music Management – See all your music files, or filter them by artist, album or genre. You can even create and edit playlists.
    * Musical Multitasking – Open the BlackBerry menu and select “Now Playing” to access the name and artist for the song you’re listening to – even when using another application.
    * Bluetooth Compatible (A2DP) – Use wireless Bluetooth® headphones or speakers to enjoy your music wherever you are.7

Video

* Video Recording – Take it all in with video camera capabilities.3,8,9
    * Full Screen Player – Watch videos in full-screen mode or stay in command with the media controls mode.

Calendar

* Free/Busy Lookup – View your colleagues’ calendars on your smartphone2,3
    01-02-09 01:07 AM
    i did the update to the os everything is working fine at 1st had to pull the battery out after it was all done but its works find it even updated a theme i already had the bphone theme it looks more like a iphone now also i didnt ge the html emails yet i am not sure how to get them i looked up host routating table and registered 4 times i will do it again but is that how you get it done or am i doing something wrong? because i red in other posts that i have to send for the services books if i am doing it wrong how is it done? if not then what do i do from here to get the html email to work? thanks again for all the help
    01-05-09 02:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD