Hi everyone! This site looks great.

I pick up my 8703e tomorrow or Tuesday. I'm pretty pumped, and am already planning out what I want to do first with it.

So, with that being said, can anyone help me with these questions:

I have an unlimited Data Plan and am on VerizonWireless.

1.) How do I install AIM on my BB while using my data plan, and not my SMS?

2.) How do I upload songs as ringtones? I don't need to d/l a song then edit it in Audacity, do I? Can I do this via the USB port (just upload a song from my laptop to the BB)?

3.) Is setting up my e-mail on the BB hard?

4.) Is there an application where I can type my contacts/phone numbers into my laptop and then just upload then via USB to my BB?

Thanks in advance!

-Chris
    06-03-07 08:52 PM
    1. Get JiveTalk
    2. From the BlackBerry, browse to the site with the song, and save it to the device...
    3. If via BIS, it's easy, do it online, or through the device. If using BES, you have to ask your I.T department (at work) to do it for you...
    4. Outlook 2000, 2002, 2003 or 2007
    06-03-07 09:33 PM
    1. Get Jive
    2. From the BlackBerry, browse to the site with the song, and save it to the device...
    3. If via BIS, it's easy, do it online, or through the device. If using BES, you have to ask your I.T department (at work) to do it for you...
    4. Outlook 2000, 2002, 2003 or 2007
    Thanks for the quick response!

1.) Is there a program that's free?

2.) So I don't have to pay for the ringtones? Awesome! Let's say I save a song that is 3 minutes long. Can I set 1:30 to 2:00 mark to be set as the ringtone?

3.) What's BIS? I was looking to just setup my school e-mail account. I can do that by myself on the device, correct?

4.) I'm confused...Are u asking me what I have on my BB? I have Windows XP on my laptop if that's what you're asking.
    Last edited by Christopher D.; 06-03-07 at 10:03 PM.
    06-03-07 09:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD