Hey everyone,

I'm new here and would first like to say great forum! I know a lot of people appreciate the time and work that gets put into it.

I checked out the sticky for the recent 8703e OS upgrade, but it seems to be for Telus users. Can this be used for Bell Mobility users, as well? Or would I have to download a different version?

Thanks in advance and I will be sticking around.
    07-16-08 10:42 AM
    As long as the OS upgrade is for the exact same model phone, you can use it. You will have to delete the vendor.xml file to install a Telus-branded OS on a Bell Mobility phone. Following the Stoner procedure in my sig is the easiest and most reliable way to get the download and install it. Plus he gives you a lot of help freeing up memory, which you will also need to do.
    07-17-08 08:42 PM
    Thank you, Jeff! Installed with no problems!

And I'll make sure to give Stoner's thread a peep!
    07-19-08 08:06 PM
    What version of OS are we talking about here? I'm looking for 4.5 but can't seem to find it for the 8703e. I'm with Telus but don't have a computer with me right now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-08 10:10 PM
    The latest OS version for the 8703e from Telus is v4.2.1.184 (Multilanguage) and can be downloaded from Telus from the following link:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do

If you already downloaded and installed OS 4.2, I would strongly recommend that you download and install ver. 4.3 Desktop Manager which can be downloaded from the same (avbovenoted) link.

There has been rumours that OS 4.3 (now called 4.5) will be made available for the 8703e sometime soon. I would not call Telus to find out when the new OS will be made avaialble. I did that last year to find out when the OS4.2 was to be made available - Telus advised they would only comment upon release of new products, etc. which is a pile of BS - I found out about the new OS as I checked the Telusmobility site on a regular basis. I have yet to see any official announcement of the OS4.2 from Telus.

Hope this helps.
    07-26-08 11:54 AM
    look on sprint web site, there is a more recent one...
    07-28-08 06:11 AM
    I have not seen .51, .56, or higher for the 8703e. I have only seen for the 8830/8130/8330. There has been some debate on if the 8703 will have the same update. Also as a point of clarification, 4.3 is not the same as 4.5, 4.3.1 is 4.5 and 4.3.2 is 4.6.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-08 06:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD