I have got my e-mail hooked up and I even have a ring tone downloaded, however, I can't seem to get the theme that I downloaded to work. I really don't know too much since I just got it to replace the crap motorola I had that some how got water damage.

Any advice? I am super new and blonde so I really don't know what I'm doing. My service provider is Verizon. I know how to surf the web and all that jazz, but I have no idea how to get the stupid theme to work.
    I downloaded it and it said it needed to reboot, so I pressed the button and okayed that and I let it do it's thing and it still has the old theme from before.
    Yes I did go look where you choose themes to use, but the new one wasn't there.

So what do you yoda's thing I should do?
    03-25-09 11:24 PM
    What operating system are you using, and is the theme compatible with your OS. Options>About to find out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 11:28 PM
    Oh, and welcome to CrackBerry, by the way. Some of the nicest people I know are blondes, so don't put yourself down too much.

03-25-09 11:29 PM
    I honestly don't know. I don't know what line it says. I know OS means operating system, but I don't have the faintest idea because it says
    v4.10.377
    Cryptographic Kernal

I hope one of those are the info for the OS. I used to date a hacker and I've taken computer classes for school, so I know basic stuff but since it's not a laptop or PC...I am blonde about it.

I know everything in this phone is standard and the person that owned it before me didn't update anything.
    The theme I downloaded is for the 8703e. I made sure of that.

I'm a blonde with ADHD, so it's kinda a double threat sort of thing.
    03-26-09 08:22 AM
    Yes thats the info we need. Most themes these days are for 4.2 and higher. You can do an upgrade on your device. I believe the newest OS for you device is 4.2.1.110. You can get that here http://forums.crackberry.com/f6/newe...1-110-a-18403/
    Read the link in my signature for proper upgrade/downgrade procedure and familiarize yourself with the process. I dont recommend doing it until your comfortable with your device. Nonetheless if you decide thats what you want to do then we will help you as much as possible.
    03-26-09 09:03 AM
    I love my BB, so I'll do whatever is best, but I'm still learning how to MacGyver it and all. So what all hook ups do I need as in cables and stuff? I don't think I'm ready to do it just yet, but I know I will want to later on, maybe in a week or 2.
    03-27-09 07:41 PM
    i got mine and love it
    03-27-09 11:43 PM
    The only hardware you will need is a PC and a USB cable that connects the phone to the PC. The rest is all software that can be downloaded when you get ready to update.

You may want to look through the BlackBerry 101 lecture series here on Crackberry as well.

Good Luck!

03-28-09 03:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD