Hi all - finally satisfied my longing for a BB and bought a 8700v secondhand. All was working fine until I tried to customise it ...

I decided to utilise the convenience keys but have somehow managed to assign shortcuts to all of them - including the front menu key - and now can only access a couple of applications from the home screen(address book, alarm, bluetooth and BrickBreaker) and nothing else as the menu key just brings up the screen to compose a text message.

Left side key brings up the profiles screen. I have tried the switch apps option in some of the apps but only get the same limited options, plus browser, from there.

How do I get the main menu back so I can reassign the menu key????

I've had a look in the 101 section and the FAQs but no-one else seems to have done anything this stupid!!!!
    10-17-09 08:19 AM
    I only use mine as a PDA, it isn't activated so it only has only the aps it had when it was retired. I use it to track work orders, part ordrers, and crew rosters. There are only 2 keys that you can program, the left side key, and the center key. (Both are programmed at options / keyboard). The right side key is a 'back' key, and should return you to the home screen if you push it enough times. From there scroll to the BB logo icon, that brings up the rest of the icons. Go to the one that looks like a wrench, that's the 'options' icon. Scroll to 'keyboard', and reset your preferences from a dropdown list for each key.
    Hope this helps. Good luck either way.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-09 07:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD