Hey everyone, great forum! I have an 8703e using Verizon

A couple of questions:

1. Is it possible to set it up so that instead of having to press * and the call button to unlock, I can just press unlock using the click wheel and thats all?

2. The phone doesn't have a camera phone so I was told that I won't be able to receive picture messages properly. When I receive them it just tells me to go to the website to look at them. Is there a way around this so that I can just look at them as they come (considering how capable this phone is, it would be crazy for this not work but i've looked around and couldn't find anything)

3. What are the must have applications for this phone? Is there another AIM service that costs less then $20?

4. Anything else I should know?

Thanks so much
    11-16-07 07:52 AM
    1. not sure

2. blame verizon, they disabled MMS on the phone (other carriers let you receive/send MMS messages). There's no workaround, you could try having your friendns send the pictures to an email address that you get on your blackberry instead.
    11-16-07 08:48 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, when I try to download blackberry.com/aim or even the regular blackberry messenger, it says that I do not meet the system requirments.

What could this be? I'm pretty sure I meet the requirments...
    11-16-07 03:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD