I just bought my first berry off ebay and its the 8703e on Verizon. I switched from an iphone because I got sick of the battery life and the touch screen delay when typing. I went with this model because of the keyboard and the trackwheel. Let me know if I made the right decision on the phone I picked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-08 12:31 PM
    Welcome to CB.

That being said, no one here can tell you whether or not you made the right decision, as all of our needs and wants are different here. Only you will know whether you made the right decision regarding your purchase.
    08-22-08 12:37 PM
    Welcome to the Crackberry family

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-08 12:39 PM
    08-22-08 12:40 PM
    hello and welcome to cb!!
    08-22-08 12:53 PM
    I have the 8703E and I love it. I personally like the wheel better than the trackball that my husband has.
    08-22-08 10:21 PM
    I too have an 8703e and love it!

Even though you might read some posts where people call the 8703e ancient, relic, old technology, etc., which is their opinion. Until such time as your bb does not do what you want it to do, then switch to another model.

My 2-cents.
    08-29-08 11:13 AM
    I have the 8703E and I love it
    08-30-08 09:00 AM
    hello ev1 I am a total newbie to bb ownership and have wanted one for yearsssssssss. so here is my dilemna, I was just given a bb and I want to flash the service to my current cricket account. If you all tell me I can't do that I wll freak out.... please help me as I truly am drooling to use this phone!
    Last edited by Xotzin; 08-31-08 at 11:09 PM.
    08-31-08 11:01 PM
    You should start a new thread on this topic. I'm not sure it can be done. It was my understanding cricket didn't have data plans or something. Some one else brought this up not to long ago. But I don't remember what came of it. Either way your kinda buried at the end of someone elses question so start a thread and we'll try to help you. Welcome to CB
    08-31-08 11:18 PM
    I have the 8703e and its pretty good. The main thing about it is that its a workhorse. For more multimedia use you probably want another phone with removable storage but I only have had one problem with my phone (something went wrong with an update so I took it back and got a new one). Its a pretty good starter blackberry too because its not too pricey ... however verizon did make the curve about the same price. Those prices require you to get a new contract though so yeah.
    09-04-08 08:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD