Ok i just recently got a Blackberry 8700 for christmas, i dont know much about the phone except its not one of the more recent models, anyway all i would like to know is what is the best software version that i can download for the phone, and the best version of Blackberry Messenger as whenever i try download it through the Blackberry website i get a message somewhrer along the lines of "your phone does not support this current version", so can anyone help?
    12-29-11 04:06 PM
    Ok i just recently got a Blackberry 8700 for christmas, i dont know much about the phone except its not one of the more recent models, anyway all i would like to know is what is the best software version that i can download for the phone, and the best version of Blackberry Messenger as whenever i try download it through the Blackberry website i get a message somewhrer along the lines of "your phone does not support this current version", so can anyone help?
    It won't work because you need to upgrade your OS to 4.5
    What carrier are you on?

The newest OS for the 8700 is from AT&T, even though it isn't listed on Crackberry.
    It's v4.5.0.306 - Software Download for AT&T (Download it from here and choose the 8700 option)
    How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS)
    12-29-11 04:17 PM
    right im on 02- so does this mean im pretty much screwed
    12-29-11 04:27 PM
    right im on 02- so does this mean im pretty much screwed
    No, you just need to make sure you delete the vendor files.
    You can still install the OS.
    12-29-11 04:32 PM
    if the phone is unlocked to all networks will it work without deleting vendor files?
    12-29-11 04:35 PM
    if the phone is unlocked to all networks will it work without deleting vendor files?
    There's only one vendor file, so you just delete it and then install.
    Just search for vendor.xml after you download the OS and delete it.
    Even if the device is unlocked, you still need to delete the vendor file.
    12-29-11 04:38 PM
    What type of effect does vendor.xml file have on OS if not deleted ?
    Last edited by aaronsteven; 01-09-12 at 05:46 AM.
    01-09-12 05:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD