I have always been protective of my beloved 8700.

Its pretty much my bestfriend, I love my blackberry.

Well yesterday in class, someone stole her out of my pocket, and entered the password wrong ten times and then threw my BB down the hallway.

It now reads JVM ERROR 513.

And im afraid they broke the phone also, Not just the OS.

And being away at school, I dont have my desktop which has my OS and DM on it.

And i know you all are going to shun me for this, But i bought a... Samsung Blackjack. i know i know, I dont feel good about it. But it was only 25 bucks.

Is there anyway to restore my 8700? Maybe a send away service or something.

Bottom line, Be protective of your BB, It just may walk away.
    02-04-10 07:36 AM
    If the phone is not physically broken, you can restore the OS using any PC. A friend's, for example. You just have to be able to download DM and the OS and install the OS as an app. It won't hurt your friend's PC, and you can delete everything afterward if you need to.
    02-04-10 08:36 AM
    Good luck on reviving your 8700. With all the threads about reloading the OS
    for BBs here on CB, I'm sure you can get it back to life.

As always, the Blackberry Lecture series is one of the best places to find help

BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry

Let us know how it goes!
    02-04-10 12:58 PM
    I'd make the jerks who locked your phone and then threw it down a hallway buy you a new one! Apparently they have no respect for other people's property!
    02-04-10 05:16 PM
    sorry to hear this, but as Jeff said that message usually means you need to reload the OS-hope you get it working again
    02-04-10 06:42 PM
    No one's going to shun you for your Blackjack here. Maybe if you get your Berry going again, you could sell the Blackjack in the Crackberry Cafe Marketplace and get your $$ back. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-10 06:58 PM
    I agree with Ripped. Why would we shun you, we know that you'd never get
    a Blackjack if you didn't have to buy an emergency phone.
    02-04-10 08:13 PM
    I'd make the jerks who locked your phone and then threw it down a hallway buy you a new one! Apparently they have no respect for other people's property!
    Oh but thats where the story ends.

You have 0 idea where i go to school. the day after she was injured, my keys to my dorm were stolen. and yesterday my blankets and other items were stolen out of my locker.

Yeah, Lovely school huh?
    02-05-10 07:03 AM
    No one's going to shun you for your Blackjack here. Maybe if you get your Berry going again, you could sell the Blackjack in the Crackberry Cafe Marketplace and get your $$ back. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

haha, Thats a good idea, but im going to be GIVING the blackjack away after i get my BB back up and running. my kid brother cant live with his nokia 1100 anymore.
    02-05-10 07:05 AM
    If the phone is not physically broken, you can restore the OS using any PC. A friend's, for example. You just have to be able to download DM and the OS and install the OS as an app. It won't hurt your friend's PC, and you can delete everything afterward if you need to.
    See now thats a good idea, however the schools computers are running XP Embedded with more parental controls than a v-chip.

And i have my laptop, It just dosent have my OS or DM on it.

And there is no way they will let me connect to the schools network, (Ive tried)

So im pretty much SOL.

Anyone have a 8700 for sale?? XD
    02-05-10 07:11 AM
    GTFO SPAM

Mods?
    Last edited by Schwinnstingray1964; 02-05-10 at 07:24 AM.
    02-05-10 07:21 AM
    Just use the report button and give us a chance to remove it. No need to post.
    02-05-10 08:44 AM
    Oh but thats where the story ends.

You have 0 idea where i go to school. the day after she was injured, my keys to my dorm were stolen. and yesterday my blankets and other items were stolen out of my locker.

Yeah, Lovely school huh?
    That's terrible! I see how my suggestion might not be entirely realistic then. Sorry about your phone. I hope you do get it working again!!
    02-05-10 10:23 AM
    See now thats a good idea, however the schools computers are running XP Embedded with more parental controls than a v-chip.

And i have my laptop, It just dosent have my OS or DM on it.

And there is no way they will let me connect to the schools network, (Ive tried)

So im pretty much SOL.

Anyone have a 8700 for sale?? XD
    Can't you go to somewhere that has free WiFi and download your OS and DM?
    02-05-10 11:31 AM
    02-05-10 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD