Hey all, first post here so be gentle! I got a great deal on an 8700c off ebay last week, took the sim card out of my RAZR and everything works like a charm (yeah, I was surprised too). Now the only thing that really bugs me is that my “theme” still reads Cingular, even though it’s AT&T officially (this week). Is there something I need to do to download the “official” AT&T theme or to get my phone to display the AT&T logo (as opposed to Cingular)? Not a huge deal, obviously, but I prefer the AT&T over the Cingular.

Any help is appreciated, of course.

Thanks much!
    09-04-07 11:05 AM
    The Cingular splash screen is hard-coded into the phone, and that's what you get to see, it can't be changed.

Welcome to CB!
    09-04-07 11:08 AM
    Ah...I see. Thank you!
    09-04-07 11:10 AM
    Is that splash screen at start up of the phone?
    But the other providers themes he could unlock, right? The ones that are in the software os.
    Would be at least something!

Welcome to Crackberry and the wonderful and addictive world of BB
    09-04-07 12:54 PM
    The splash screen when the phone starts up reads "Cingular" and has a bluish background, so I'm assuming the cingular stuff is indeed hardwired into the phone.

Does anyone have a link to an official AT&T theme that I could install - I suppose that would do the trick?
    09-04-07 01:45 PM
    Nope, despite the fact that I have unlocked the other vendor themes, my BlackBerry startup screen is still the DeAT&Th Star, and the network notifier still shows AT&T.
    09-04-07 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD