Hi there eveyone,
    I have a friend who has a BB 8700 with an os 4.1.0.377 & we were wondering how we can put Mp3's from Limewire.com onto his BB handheld device. He doesnt have the DM or the Manual that was suppose to come with his BB. He bought his BB from somebody & then jus had it activated. I also noticed that his 8700 doesnt have the Media icon on his Homescreen either. Anyways, was wondering if there is anyone (and I'm sure there R plenty of Helpful Ppl on here) who can provide some pretty helpful info on this topic. Thanx in Advance for the many who assisted in this Thread.
    04-04-09 04:04 PM
    Upgrade it to 4.5 OS. Get the OS from the sticky at top of the 8700 forums here. Also your friend will need to get desktop manager 4.5 WITH media manager since there isn't a sd card for that device. Keep in mind it only has 64MB of memory so you won't be putting a lot of music on there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-09 09:59 AM
    Thanx rlp32,
    Will give it a shot & hopefully this will turn out Aye ok. I was kinda hoping it wasnt going to lead to the upgrade thing since some upgrades had have flaw tendancies with previous BB devices. In any case, we'll give it a shot & hopefully this will either add more Memory or help out his BB 8700 all together in the process for the benefit of his BB. Also wanna say thanx for the helpful info on the 64 MB of Memory, will touch base & let ya know how it turns out. Again, Thanx. **Thumbz Up, Bro.

Also rlp32,
    do we use the (Newest 8700 OS: v4.5.0.110 - Multilanguage) that was posted from the Sticky at the Top? Jus wanted to check with You to be sure. Again, Thanx.
    Last edited by 1Kool guy; 04-05-09 at 01:24 PM.
    04-05-09 01:16 PM
    Yep thats the one you want to use. I run it and have no issues.
    04-05-09 04:46 PM
    Hi there eveyone,
    I have a friend who has a BB 8700 with an os 4.1.0.377 & we were wondering how we can put Mp3's from Limewire.com onto his BB handheld device. He doesnt have the DM or the Manual that was suppose to come with his BB. He bought his BB from somebody & then jus had it activated. I also noticed that his 8700 doesnt have the Media icon on his Homescreen either. Anyways, was wondering if there is anyone (and I'm sure there R plenty of Helpful Ppl on here) who can provide some pretty helpful info on this topic. Thanx in Advance for the many who assisted in this Thread.
    the 8700 only has 56mbs of memory and it doesnt take a microsd card. its not gonna hold whole songs. the last os i installed on mine was 4.5.0.124. here is a link https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...z7rt-2Cf35RQ**
    Last edited by nastyboy2; 04-06-09 at 05:49 PM.
    04-06-09 05:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD